Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 19th, 2018, 10:38pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

It really does exist
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   North American Railroads
   CN Discussion
(Moderators: , CN5710)
   It really does exist
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: It really does exist  (Read 517 times)
Piglet
Historian
It really does exist

« on: Jun 16th, 2007, 3:02am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I have seen pictures of it for years and today the articulated grain car they built for the churchill line rolled right infront of me.  It was a little faded, but it was in good shape with out any extra add ons.  It was west bound heading for the west coast so you may as yet see it in Vancouver in the next week.  I really need to bring my camera to work with me so I can get some shots.

we learn from the past
Pyronova

View Profile  

Re: It really does exist

« Reply #1 on: Jun 16th, 2007, 11:55pm »

on Jun 16th, 2007, 3:02am, Piglet wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I have seen pictures of it for years and today the articulated grain car they built for the churchill line rolled right infront of me.  It was a little faded, but it was in good shape with out any extra add ons.  It was west bound heading for the west coast so you may as yet see it in Vancouver in the next week.  I really need to bring my camera to work with me so I can get some shots.

Check this out.....

http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=RollingStock;action=display;num=1114284195

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

Piglet
Historian

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17th, 2007, 4:18am »

Thanks for the link Pyronova.  It just seeing that beast in person (and if I hadn't lifted my nose out of my book right at that moment).  Its one of those things that you really need to see sometimes.

we learn from the past
Chris_de_Vries
Chaser

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19th, 2007, 10:15pm »

I see the Manitoba and Canpotex hopper sets all the time here in Melville. They are usually switched here in the yard. They are interesting cars for sure.

carlson_cp/cn
Enthusiast

« Reply #4 on: Dec 6th, 2008, 12:28am »

That thing is sitting in melville now, last i saw ( about two months ago) on what looks to be a dead track

Chris_de_Vries
Chaser

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13th, 2008, 6:14pm »

Both the Manitoba car and the Canpotex car get loaded at the mustard elevator here in Melville on a regular basis.

kjohn
Historian

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23rd, 2010, 12:52am »

I saw the 399000 at Melville on Sunday, July 18, 2010.  No chance for a decent pic.

1st generation EMD preferred!!
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »