Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Aug 20th, 2017, 4:48pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Permacel Express
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   Permacel Express
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Permacel Express  (Read 237 times)
MCC385
Historian
Permacel Express

« on: May 3rd, 2008, 7:05pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Any more good pics like this one available?

http://www.freedomtrain.org/images/aft/permacel_express_01.jpg

Jeffrey Slupski
Black_River_Joe
Historian
Re: Permacel Express

« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2008, 7:16pm »

never knew about this, actually those look like New Hope and Ivyland coaches. I wish I had pictures to share.

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
de-rail
Historian

« Reply #2 on: May 4th, 2008, 8:30pm »

I think I have seen other photos of this train before, and I think there is one more black & white one on the forum someplace. I actually did not even know the name of this train until this topic came up, it would be interesting to know more about it.

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
njcoastline
Railfan

« Reply #3 on: May 5th, 2008, 12:39am »

I know it had something to do with the company that made Permacel gaffer's tape - I'm a stagehand by trade, and for many years that was the number one brand of gaffers tape. I remember seeing something about the train on a stagecraft website, I'll have to look for it.

Author and Historian who wishes the K-4 still ran through his backyard...
limejuice
Railfan
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #4 on: May 5th, 2008, 2:40pm »

on May 5th, 2008, 12:39am, njcoastline wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I know it had something to do with the company that made Permacel gaffer's tape - I'm a stagehand by trade, and for many years that was the number one brand of gaffers tape. I remember seeing something about the train on a stagecraft website, I'll have to look for it.

Heh, I was a stagehand/ME/LD for 10 years and now I'm a full time railroader. Started working at NH&I in '04 while being a part time ME and doing random LD jobs. Couldn't support a family on what little work I was getting, so now I'm a signal maintainer at SEPTA. I have two rolls of Permacel P-665 left, and I use it very sparingly. Shurtape bought out Permacel, and while they claim their 665 is the same quality, I beg to differ. Any of it beats the pants off of duct tape though! People used to "borrow" rolls of it from me, and I'd never see it again. Never understood why it was never marketed to consumers though. I guess they didn't figure average Joe would pay $12 a roll for it, but I think it'd be successful.

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »