Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 20th, 2017, 4:10pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Railroad Days 2007
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   Railroad Days 2007
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Railroad Days 2007  (Read 944 times)
BRWRuckus
Railfan
Railroad Days 2007

« on: Mar 5th, 2007, 10:34am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

The BRRHT is currently getting plans together for our annual Railroad Days event to be held on June 22-24 this year.

What would make you come out to see it? What events would you most like to see us run? We don't want to do the same old things and get boring.

Plans are NOT final yet.  Ideas include demonstrations of MOW equipment (not just speeders!), demonstrations of the BRW wreck crane, the mixed freight, and a night photo freight.

Developments during the past week mean there's also the possibility of some *special* equipment making an appearance, but some hurdles remain. Don't worry, I'll update you as soon as details are available.

Michael Shea
Vice President
Black River Railroad Historical Trust
www.brrht.org
wrg113
Railfan
Re: Railroad Days 2007

« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 3:39pm »

Make sure to advertise it well. People don't do what they don't know about.

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2007, 3:40pm by wrg113 » Logged

Take my advice. Don't ever work at a Thomas event.
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 3:51pm »

i have an old video of the BRW with 60 in it and i think they did a similar version of railroad days in 1993. 60 was showing off in ringoes by taking cars that were stored on the sidings and brought them out to the main, and did photo runbys till 752 came with the passenger train from flemington. they could have 752 what 60 did and the switcher 8159 take the passenger train on saturday and sunday. also have a night photo shoot saturday and sunday. maybe charge a couple dollars for people to ride past the crossing gates after ringoes on the way to lambertville with the speeders, like a mile from the station and then back. I have been on the mixed freight for the past 2 years and i think it needs more photo runbys in three bridges(i know this is non realistic, but only if 752 with like 20 cars could pull on to the NS main and then back up and come back through the crossing at like 40 miles an hour...but NS will probably not like the idea that great)....back to saturday and sunday, if the BRW has a third engine, they can let people blow the horn AS AN ENGINEER IS IN THE CAB WITH THEM, DRIVING ON THE RUNAROUND. also 8159 could pull 3 or 4 cabooses behind the passenger cars so that you can have a mixed train.

there is a bunch of ideas in here that most people will want, what are anyone else's thoughts?

Joe

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 5:14pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

I Like what I see already but would like to see

-60 on a mixed freight
-A RAILFAN weekend with photo freights (day and night)
-cab rides
- caboose rides
- a model train display

Anthony

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #4 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 5:28pm »

on Mar 5th, 2007, 5:14pm, anthonyd_SRR wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I Like what I see already but would like to see

-60 on a mixed freight
-A RAILFAN weekend with photo freights (day and night)
-cab rides
- caboose rides
- a model train display

Anthony

-If 60 is running she probibly will pull the mixed,  
-I think there are night photo freights in past year but I am not sure.
-Cabrides would be cool but I don't think the trust has the right to do that??
-There were caboose rides last year from the flemington stations and down to three bridges, but it is good to see that folks like the idea
-There was a G gauge set up on the Pennsy flatcar and there are always a few things in the station(some from John Bishop collection).

brw_60_752, thanks to the caboose rides last year I don't think there was a spare engine in the yard, but know the Delaware Turtle is in Ringoes you never know what will happen. Oh, and there was some one who brought a collection of horns people could try.

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2007, 5:29pm by de-rail » Logged

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 5:53pm »

more ideas

-a freight train with caboose ect.
- caboose rides on the train the whoile journey not just out of the yard\

Anthony

Adam17
Former Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 6:01pm »

Here's what I have in mind.

- How about raffling off cabrides? (If they can be done)  
- If not that, have a price for the ride. $20-$30 would be good.  
- I like the rest of the ideas so far.  
- Maybe they could put a different horn on the 752 or whatever engine.  
- Why not have the Turtle run the excursions down to Three Bridges?

- Adam

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #7 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 6:43pm »

yea adam17, run the turtle to three bridges and run a caboose/ coach train from ringoes to flemington and back and the turtle could get back when from T.B. when the caboose train is back at flemington, so that the people on the turtle can go to ringoes

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Cumbres and Toltec fan
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #8 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 10:37pm »

I like the ideas brw_60_752 suggested.  
-I'll add my 2 cents as a BR&W volunteer -- have a different engine other than 752 pull the regularly scheduled passenger trains (i.e. the 8159 or 1850 if it can be moved to Ringoes).  While one of the other locos is pulling the passenger train, 752 can power a freight train for photos and runby's in and around Ringoes, perhaps even taking the consist south of the Ringoes yard down to Boss Road for photographs.  
-Offering cab rides would be a great PR move, and it would be something different for the public - perhaps a raffle or a flat fee of, say, $25/30.  
-Shop tours to view the restoration of #60.
-A whistle or horn blowing area, where the public can try their hand...and maybe placing a new horn on the train (i.e. a Leslie 5-chime on 752)...

"Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight."
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #9 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 5:48am »

i would like to have 752s horn the same until the mixed freight is over so that on sunday when i go it will be different

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #10 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 5:56am »

dont forget ringing 60s bell, and if you have a video of 60 lying around, you should play it in the shop with 60 so people can look at what it once was, so that they will come back, kinda like advertising, and if you need a tape, after the mixed freight, i'll leave it with kean or someone else, if you are gonna go on the mixed frieght, just tell me on the other topic 2007 mixed freight and then we will dicuss about this video thing

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #11 on: May 17th, 2007, 6:12am »

on Mar 5th, 2007, 10:34am, BRWRuckus wrote:       (Click here for original message)
The BRRHT is currently getting plans together for our annual Railroad Days event to be held on June 22-24 this year.

What would make you come out to see it? What events would you most like to see us run? We don't want to do the same old things and get boring.

Plans are NOT final yet.  Ideas include demonstrations of MOW equipment (not just speeders!), demonstrations of the BRW wreck crane, the mixed freight, and a night photo freight.

Developments during the past week mean there's also the possibility of some *special* equipment making an appearance, but some hurdles remain. Don't worry, I'll update you as soon as details are available.

Wait a second, what is the night photo freight?

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #12 on: May 17th, 2007, 5:44pm »

I don't remeber seeing that on the website...........when will the BRW update that?

Anthony

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #13 on: May 30th, 2007, 3:52pm »

The BRW came out with the full list if things at the event along with caboose rides and regular rides with these cool things
Air horn demonstrations.  
 Guided tours of the yard, engine shop, and steam locomotive #60.  
 Speeder display.  
 HO, O, and G scale model train displays

Anthony.  
http://brrht.org/railroaddays.html

« Last Edit: May 30th, 2007, 3:55pm by anthonyd_SRR » Logged
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #14 on: May 30th, 2007, 4:07pm »

Yes anthony all that is happening except the mixed freight  

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #15 on: May 30th, 2007, 4:17pm »

But the charter sounds cool. Hopefully the mixed train will continue next year

Anthony

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #16 on: Jun 5th, 2007, 4:39pm »

It says on the website that there will be G, O, and HO gauge trains running, my question is where are they running the O scale? Also Im assuming that for the O scale are gonna run one of the Atlas RS-1s. If they are using the rs-1, i wanted to bring along my BRW coaches cause no one else has them, and it would put on a good appearance for the railroad and might attract more people to ride. If anyone knows who is in charge of the O scale can I please have their email so i can contact them about  this.

Thanks,
Joe

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #17 on: Jun 17th, 2007, 6:42pm »

well today was great, just set up a little bit of the O gauge and i need a few pieces from the Big Little Railroad Shop in Somerville and then I will be all set.

maps53
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #18 on: Jun 17th, 2007, 8:40pm »

on Jun 17th, 2007, 6:42pm, brw_60_752 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
well today was great, just set up a little bit of the O gauge and i need a few pieces from the Big Little Railroad Shop in Somerville and then I will be all set.
Were you setting up today on the flatcar at Ringoes?

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #19 on: Jun 18th, 2007, 5:43am »

Yes, just to get an idea for next week.

Pages: 1 2 3  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »