Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 20th, 2017, 9:45pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Re: Videos of 142 and other trains
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Re: Videos of 142 and other trains  (Read 281 times)
anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« on: Jan 5th, 2007, 6:43pm »

Nice videos

Anthony

J. M. Fusco
Historian

« Reply #1 on: Jan 5th, 2007, 7:04pm »

Sir, do you mind if you would post these in the "Black River & Western Videos" topic, seeing as this is sort of a repeated topic.  

joneau261
Historian

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2007, 9:34pm »

Joe, I think there needs to be an official video thread in here.

142, welcome to the forums. I have seen those videos many times, and they are some of my favorites. Hope to see more, and enjoy it here on Railfan.net!

"Railfans are clingy, complaining dumbsnots who will never ever be grateful for any concession you provide. The moment you shut out their shrill tremulous complaints, the happier you'll be for it.
Incidentally, how about donating to Railfan.net?"
J. M. Fusco
Historian

« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2007, 10:58pm »

on Jan 7th, 2007, 9:34pm, joneau261 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Joe, I think there needs to be an official video thread in here.

Jon,  

There is in deed an official video thread.  

Infact, here's a link:
http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=BRW;action=display;num=1147006239

Joe...

maps53
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 5:35pm »

on Jan 7th, 2007, 10:58pm, JMFusco wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Jon,  

There is in deed an official video thread.  

Infact, here's a link:
http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=BRW;action=display;num=1147006239

Joe...
JMFusco-- I think Bel Del should have this video thread on the Bel Del page. Why should somebody who reads the Bel Del, after finding it in the Tourist forum, have to go to the BRW forum to find a Bel Del video. Until Bel-Del gets it's own forum, (if it ever does), I think video of Bel- Del should be allowed to post in both places so everyone can find it. Your work, that of Susquehanna 142, and the others who contribute should be accessible on both.  This brings up the issue again --- I think BRW and Bel Del should combine in one forum. Let's do this. It will get Bel- Del where it belongs, sharing with BRW, as it really does operate that way.

maps53
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #5 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 5:58pm »

I hope I did not confuse the issue. After reading it over again, I think I did. Anyway these videos and all else Bel-Del would find a nice home on a joint page.

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 6:40pm »

Lets not start an argument here folks

Anthony

J. M. Fusco
Historian

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 6:48pm »

on Jan 9th, 2007, 6:40pm, anthonyd_SRR wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Anthony

No need to worry about an argument...

The 'combination' of the Bel-Del and BR&W topics is a touchy-feely situation among railfans, and I personally am a 'flip-flopper' as to if they should be combined or not.  

Right now, as it stands, I think it would be a good idea if they were to put the large "Bel-Del" thread in this forum. (started in 2004 By Hummel1237)  

But then, the name of the forums might have to be changed to "BR&W/Bel-Del" which would be fine by me.  

And, once again, no need to worry about an argument. Maps brought up some very good thoughts. Bringing up good ideas should never start an flame war, as it has in the past.  

Anyway, if anybody else thinks we should combine... speak up!  
Joe Fusco....

maps53
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 7:02pm »

on Jan 9th, 2007, 6:40pm, anthonyd_SRR wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Anthony
I think you are confused. There is nothing that would start an arguement. I would like to see Bel-Del combined in one forum with BRW so that the videos and all else are easier for all readers to find.  All this stuff is so good that nobody who visits the Bel-Del page and not the BRW forum- should miss it. Both railroads work together as you all know. I'm just interested in getting all this great stuff a good place for all to enjoy. I might be wrong about this, I don't know, maybe it's fine the way it is. My question is-- If you make a video of 142, where should it post? If it goes to the BRW forum only, readers of the Bel- Del page will not see it. Pardon my ramblings everyone, I guess we all read both anyway.  

J. M. Fusco
Historian

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12th, 2007, 12:30pm »

Guys, I've just changed the name of the video thread to accomodate that of the BR&W and the Bel-Del both. Please post your videos in the “BR&W/Bel-Del Video Clips” -   http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=BRW;action=display;num=1147006239 thread only.

Too avoid redundancy, I shall lock this topic. If anybody has any more good ideas, feel free to contribute them in the "General Discussion" thread. - http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=BRW;action=display;num=1107264910 .  

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »