Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 21st, 2017, 9:15am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

2007 BRW mixed freight
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   2007 BRW mixed freight
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: 2007 BRW mixed freight  (Read 649 times)
Black_River_Joe
Historian
2007 BRW mixed freight

« on: Oct 24th, 2006, 9:38am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

is anyone gonna go on the BRW mixed freight this year? i just wanted to know

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
Black_River_Joe
Historian
Re: 2007 BRW mixed freight

« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2006, 6:29pm »

i went the past two years and if anyone is gonna be there i want to know because i will look forward to meeting you (if i dont already know you)

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Black_River_Joe
Historian
  mixed_freight_from_last_year.jpg - 26645 Bytes
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2007, 3:09pm »

its time that the black river updated their upcoming events page and look what i found.....in the picture, i found on the brws site, me and my dad are in it, my dad is in blue, and im in white next to him, with the camera bag, that was a good trip

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/mixed_freight_from_last_year.jpg
Click Image to Resize

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20th, 2007, 10:32pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

I hope to go this year and maybe meet up with you

Anthony

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21st, 2007, 3:11pm »

i think spg_railfan and adam17 might be coming, we'll see as it gets closer to june

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21st, 2007, 6:49pm »

sounds like a great day. My dad said it is a big possibility I can go

Anthony

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #6 on: Feb 21st, 2007, 7:46pm »

glad to hear that, and hopefully see you there, just look for the guy with cameras, which reminds me, i need another battery

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23rd, 2007, 6:10pm »

What kind of things will the BRW hasve other thna the mixed train? The website was not that specfic

Anthony

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23rd, 2007, 7:43pm »

on Feb 23rd, 2007, 6:10pm, anthonyd_SRR wrote:       (Click here for original message)
What kind of things will the BRW hasve other thna the mixed train? The website was not that specfic

Anthony

What do mean exactly, the Mixed is pretty much an all day thing, but it includes (joe correct me if this stuff changed) a nice lunch from a deli in three bridges. On the RR days there is a caboose train (new for 06), lots of activities in Ringoes.  

« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2007, 7:47pm by de-rail » Logged

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #9 on: Feb 24th, 2007, 8:07am »

on Feb 23rd, 2007, 7:43pm, sgp__Rail_Fan wrote:       (Click here for original message)

What do mean exactly, the Mixed is pretty much an all day thing, but it includes (joe correct me if this stuff changed) a nice lunch from a deli in three bridges. On the RR days there is a caboose train (new for 06), lots of activities in Ringoes.  

i'll tell the main story from beginning to end, in may you send 45 dollars per person to the black river just for reservation, so that you can get a seat on the train. last year i registered in may and i have 4 people with me, but because i registered so early. i had tickets #s 1-4. Once you send the BRW the money, they will send you however many tickets you paid for. they also send a letter telling you to be there at 9:00 in Ringoes to order lunch (subs with stuff you pick, from the deli that SGP mentioned in Three Bridges). The train leaves around 10:00 am (but last year, they had to add the "bishop", i guess for seating issues, so that took half an hour, so we left at 10:30) Every year is different, 2 years ago, we stopped right before Flemington where the hopper cars are located right before crossing the main road to get to the platform, but last year we did that after being in three bridges, but anyhow once you get to Flemington station they give you a ten minute bathroom break and then you continue on to Three Bridges(may be switching on the way there). once you get to Three Bridges and everyoneis off the train, the BRW gets the subs (which are like 20ft away from the BRW tracks, but about one block up the road there are the NS tracks, so you can get some fast freight action. then you can do whatever you want in Three Bridges for as long as the BRW is there and you arent doing anything to disobey their rules.( last year i was taking video while my dad was sleeping in #297 and my two freinds were talking in the Baggage part of 297,which by the way, had a GREAT breeze on that hot day, so basically you are a free spirit in Three Bridges) After all the switching is done they had back to Flemington(maybe move some cars or not, it depends like i said) Then you get another Bathroom Break in Flemington again. Then on the way back to ringoes maybe once or twice, they will(switch of course) do a photo runby and then you get back to Ringoes a couple hours later, with a great day

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 24th, 2007, 5:11pm »

Thanks for that info. It sounds like a great day and lunch

Anthony

« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2007, 5:17pm by anthonyd_SRR » Logged
anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #11 on: Apr 16th, 2007, 5:18pm »

Hi guys,

Anyone know when we can buy tickets for the event ?

Thanks  
Anthony

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #12 on: Apr 16th, 2007, 8:05pm »

You know what, I don't, I was wondering my self. I will leave it up to Joe to figure it out. (am not sure weather I am going or not this year) Realy the mixed is just like the Photo Charters that are held on the Strasburg and NH&I, except that the Railroad gets money for moving the Freight cars.

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #13 on: Apr 16th, 2007, 8:22pm »

you cant get them yet  but i'll tell everyone in may   and the day after im going to steamtown, then the day after that, going back to the BRW for Railroad days at ringoes...its a train filled weekend

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #14 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 3:20pm »

Thanks for your replies guys. I have one more question, on the website it says the event is at Flemington. Is the mixed train at Ringoes and then after the mixed freight regular train depart Flemington or how does that work?

Anthony

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #15 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 3:48pm »

The Mixed departs from ringoes and goes all the way to the town of Three bridges, where the BRW meets Norfolk Southern.

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 3:52pm »

on Apr 17th, 2007, 3:20pm, anthonyd_SRR wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Thanks for your replies guys. I have one more question, on the website it says the event is at Flemington. Is the mixed train at Ringoes and then after the mixed freight regular train depart Flemington or how does that work?

Anthony

Anthony, the Mixed Freight is on Friday, and that goes to Three Bridges and interchanges with Norfolk Southern as SGP had mentioned, and then saturday and sunday, the regular passenger train is scheduled to run from flemington to Ringoes and from ringoes to Flemington...but satuday and sunday are always different every year for Railroad days

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #17 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 4:05pm »

So there is not a mixed train on Saturday or Sunday? If not I can't go on Friday(last day of school)
Thanks for your fast replies
Anthony

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #18 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 4:32pm »

The mixed is just friday. If you can't go to the mixed on friday can I suggest The RR days on sunday or saterday. BTW, I think that is when my school ends to, hope Joe is more lucky.

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2007, 4:33pm by de-rail » Logged

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #19 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 5:15pm »

Thanks for your reply sgp. My Mom won’t let me miss the last day of school so I'll provably end up going to RR days on Saturday

Anthony

Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »