Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 29th, 2017, 9:30am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Modeling the BRW: Car By Car
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   Modeling the BRW: Car By Car
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Modeling the BRW: Car By Car  (Read 3595 times)
Black_River_Joe
Historian
Re: Modeling the BRW: Car By Car

« Reply #200 on: Jul 19th, 2008, 6:04pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

speaking of making a 1202, Atlas beat us.   I cant wait.

http://download.atlasrr.com/ASC3Q2008/85-101%20OAnn.pdf

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
Anthony_RMLI
Former Member

« Reply #201 on: Jul 19th, 2008, 7:01pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!    

Now This will make life much easier, no repainting to do. I'm going to have to buy this. Wonder how they chose the 1202. Maybe a 752 is next!
 What are they taliking about when they say limited additon? I hope I will have some time to save my $$$$$$
Anthony

« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2008, 7:02pm by anthonyd_SRR » Logged
de-rail
Historian

« Reply #202 on: Jul 19th, 2008, 8:42pm »

Give them a nobel prize!!! As surrprised as I am we should have seen this coming, they have not any Black River engines in a long time, well not since the alcos!

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #203 on: Jul 20th, 2008, 7:47am »

on Jul 19th, 2008, 7:01pm, Anthony_RMLI wrote:       (Click here for original message)
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!    

Now This will make life much easier, no repainting to do. I'm going to have to buy this. Wonder how they chose the 1202. Maybe a 752 is next!
 What are they taliking about when they say limited additon? I hope I will have some time to save my $$$$$$
Anthony

Im just guessing on this, but I think the reason why Atlas O chose 1202 was 1. Its in NJ just like atlas, and 2. Everyone was ecstatic about it. So Im guessing most people would buy it, being that its a brand new engine for BRW.  

When they say limited addition, they mean that your NEVER going to get another chance to buy it. Dealers havent gotten the pre-order sheet yet so your good. You have till October 15th to get to a Local Hobby shop and send the order in. The due date for these engines is February 2009. If you dont have enough time to save money, my Local Shop is getting 2 or 3 in.  
You can preorder through them and we can set it aside for you, until you have saved enough money. Just let me know by message if that makes it a little easier. This way, you can wait to RR days on BRW and on your way down pick it up. We can always ship it to you if you cant make it down to NJ as easily. Like I said Let me know.

752 has a longshot at being produced by atlas now. maybe in a couple (say 5 years) they might produce it. To bad they cant make a 2-8-0 for 60s return this fall.

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Anthony_RMLI
Former Member

« Reply #204 on: Jul 21st, 2008, 2:34pm »

Thank you for the offer Joe! I'll have to think about it. I'm waiting to get a reply on a couple of jobs I sent applications to before I really decide. I want to buy that and a LIRR set so only time will tell. I NEED a decent freight engine and 1202 may be what I'm looking for.

Anthony

The LIRR set, GP38-2, TMCC & the works w/ 4 18'' coaches with inside details

« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2008, 2:41pm by anthonyd_SRR » Logged
de-rail
Historian

« Reply #205 on: Jul 21st, 2008, 6:15pm »

on Jul 20th, 2008, 7:47am, brw_60_752 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

752 has a longshot at being produced by atlas now. maybe in a couple (say 5 years) they might produce it. To bad they cant make a 2-8-0 for 60s return this fall.

I don't think Atlas will ever make 60 since it is not U.S.R.A. design, like their 0-6-0 was. We could probably push for ether 752 or the SD-9 (when it shows up).  

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Anthony RMLI
Former Member

« Reply #206 on: Jan 2nd, 2009, 12:33pm »

Look what I found!!!! A picture of the 1202 on the Atlas website. It is very nice, I like it. It is on my list of things to buy, right after I get the MTH G-5s in LIRR 39, as she is part of my museum's(RMLI) collection

Anthony

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #207 on: May 23rd, 2009, 2:21am »

Would anyone on this forum or anywhere really, be interested in a pair of Black River and Western Coaches?  

I am contemplating on making a couple (not between cars)  extra pairs of passenger cars.

These will consist The Combine #297 and The Bishop (Bar Car) #322.  

These will be sold  individually for $115.00 Each (due to the variety of these two cars, they are going to be a little bit more money.) or
A Set of the two for $200.00 Saving you $30.00.  

The reason these cars are going to cost more is because they will be as detailed specifically to the closest Black River & Western  Standards. (extra paint, lighting, etc)  
If anyone is seriously interested, Please, Let me know.

(Perhaps in the future, I will also sell a 1009 CNJ coach that we are getting, and some of the lackawanna cars. Those will probably be around $150.00 due to all the Kit-bashing that I will have to do.)

Thanks,

Joe Monaco     Jmbrwandmthrcool@aol.com - Email

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2009, 9:44am by Black_River_Joe » Logged

Redwings361
Chaser

« Reply #208 on: May 26th, 2009, 4:19pm »

on May 23rd, 2009, 2:21am, brw_60_752 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Would anyone on this forum or anywhere really, be interested in a pair of Black River and Western Coaches?  

I am contemplating on making a couple (not between cars)  extra pairs of passenger cars.

These will consist The Combine #297 and The Bishop (Bar Car) #322.  

These will be sold  individually for $115.00 Each (due to the variety of these two cars, they are going to be a little bit more money.) or
A Set of the two for $200.00 Saving you $30.00.  

The reason these cars are going to cost more is because they will be as detailed specifically to the closest Black River & Western  Standards. (extra paint, lighting, etc)  
If anyone is seriously interested, Please, Let me know.

(Perhaps in the future, I will also sell a 1009 CNJ coach that we are getting, and some of the lackawanna cars. Those will probably be around $150.00 due to all the Kit-bashing that I will have to do.)

Thanks,

Joe Monaco     Jmbrwandmthrcool@aol.com - Email

1. Have you ever thought of trying to sell them on E-bay ?

2. How would we pay you for the cars if we wanted to buy them ?

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2009, 12:20am by Redwings361 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »