Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 23rd, 2017, 1:04pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Modeling the BRW: Car By Car
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   Modeling the BRW: Car By Car
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Modeling the BRW: Car By Car  (Read 3723 times)
Black_River_Joe
Historian
Re: Modeling the BRW: Car By Car
  Picture_or_Video_070.jpg - 56216 Bytes
« Reply #180 on: Aug 8th, 2007, 9:50am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

the two diesels  

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/Picture_or_Video_070.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
Black_River_Joe
Historian
  Picture_or_Video_071.jpg - 65199 Bytes
« Reply #181 on: Aug 8th, 2007, 9:51am »

and yes they do run!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/Picture_or_Video_071.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #182 on: Aug 8th, 2007, 5:40pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Joe,
Congrats on the new engine. Iím very jealous right now. Is that made by Atlas? I did not realize they still made it, in different paint to. I like the caboose train as well. Wish I could make the show, but were really busy with things here like fallen trees.

Anthony

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #183 on: Aug 8th, 2007, 7:27pm »

yes it is made by atlas...but they dont make them anymore... i got mine through a friend

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #184 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 1:25pm »

Now for my next BR&W project. Building Ringoes Station.  

I have obtained the blueprints and have been drawing them on graph paper I am halfway finished.

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #185 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 5:14pm »

Also forgot to mention the the NYC caboose posted on page 9 is out this week, and if anyones interested...Lionel 6-27615

Anthony_SRR
Former Member
  brw078-2.jpg - 68592 Bytes
« Reply #186 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 7:15pm »

I'll get to it someday... it is on my list of things to model. I have an eventual goal of having an entire Strasburg RR train (should be done in may), 2 Long Island RR trains (that my museum currently owns) and then Black River & Western train starting with the weaver 2-8-0 for 60, train  coaches( as how many there are at the time and with caboose and then a 752. It seems the more RR I go to the more I want to model. Next I'm going to have  figure out how to make a 142 after my trip to the Bel Del. It is amazing the time I spend just thinking and drawing up plans to model things in real life(which is getter harder year by year)

So much I want to do, but that what dreams are for, right?

Here is a picture I took last summer of the piece that influenced me( and gave me the relief it can be done), because it was done so well, not to mention the real one was right behind me.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/brw078-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #187 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 7:24pm »

Thanks, but wouldnt 752 be in front of you? If it was behind you, you would be looking at the 420, the car we are going to restore to a musuem car, which by the way Lionel makes the right type of trucks would look great. Only its around $200 bucks for a 2 pack.

Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #188 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 9:38pm »

That does make more sence

Anthony

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #189 on: Mar 12th, 2008, 9:51pm »

on Mar 11th, 2008, 7:24pm, brw_60_752 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
,which by the way Lionel makes the right type of trucks would look great. Only its around $200 bucks for a 2 pack.

Lionel is coming out with a CNJ 4 pack that would include a baggage car, since Lionel does not tell us the road numbers, for all we know, the baggage car might be the 420...

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #190 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 6:20am »

but the Lionel have the six wheel trucks like the 420. The only CNJ coaches that had six wheel trucks were the baggage and diner cars. All the other CNJ had the 4 wheel trucks like the 297 and the Bishop.

Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #191 on: Mar 13th, 2008, 10:26am »

For Passanger cars I was looking at K-line's cars. The NYC pullmans might work. But they don't have a combine or baggage. Maybe Lionel will work out better. But even if they did say CNJ they would still be repainted into BRW

Anthony

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #192 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 6:19am »

on Mar 13th, 2008, 10:26am, Anthony_SRR wrote:       (Click here for original message)
For Passanger cars I was looking at K-line's cars. The NYC pullmans might work. But they don't have a combine or baggage. Maybe Lionel will work out better. But even if they did say CNJ they would still be repainted into BRW

Anthony

Im not that great a fan of k-line. Mostly I like Lionel Mth and Atlas O. As far as buying coaches, Im not buying anything until the trucks are correct. Then the BRW scheme would come in.  

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #193 on: Mar 15th, 2008, 6:56pm »

on Mar 13th, 2008, 6:20am, brw_60_752 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
but the Lionel have the six wheel trucks like the 420. The only CNJ coaches that had six wheel trucks were the baggage and diner cars. All the other CNJ had the 4 wheel trucks like the 297 and the Bishop.

True but trucks can't be too hard to change, it is the windows on the two coaches I am concerned about. Personally I am not going to reletter any CNJ cars, but I did notice that the Golden Gate Dept makes scale coaches that are perfect for the CN cars.

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #194 on: Jun 16th, 2008, 5:51pm »

What can 1202 be made from?

Maybe this.

http://www.atlaso.com/osw1200rs.htm

Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #195 on: Jun 16th, 2008, 6:30pm »

Wait a second  This is much better and cheaper. Has Proto sounds to.

http://www.railking1gauge.com/detail.asp?item=30-2217-1

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #196 on: Jun 16th, 2008, 6:36pm »

Actually the Burlington Northern Would be a great match. Its lights are positioned right.

Anthony_RMLI
Former Member

« Reply #197 on: Jul 4th, 2008, 10:36am »

On my website I have added a list of ways to model the BRW. What do you guys think and did I  miss anything that is made?

http://www.freewebs.com/strasburgvalleyrailroadcompany/modelingsrrbrwlirr.htm

Anthony

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #198 on: Jul 4th, 2008, 1:21pm »

on Jul 4th, 2008, 10:36am, Anthony_RMLI wrote:       (Click here for original message)
On my website I have added a list of ways to model the BRW. What do you guys think and did I †miss anything that is made?

http://www.freewebs.com/strasburgvalleyrailroadcompany/modelingsrrbrwlirr.htm

Anthony

If you were trying to get it 100%, there are alot of differences between a Gp7 and a Gp9, but nothing terribly noticeable. And you also forgot the BRW RS1s Atlas did a few years back.(Joe's got them).

Anthony_RMLI
Former Member

« Reply #199 on: Jul 4th, 2008, 7:48pm »

Thanks for looking! I think I will add the Atlas GP-9 to replace the GP-7. It has TMCC so I'm happy, that is what I want in my engines   I would have added the RS-1s as well but I did not have any pictures for them. I think I'm a far way from buying anything yet so I have time to think... Have to model some LIRR first

Thanks again!
Anthony  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »