Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 23rd, 2017, 11:49am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Atlas O and BRW...
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   Atlas O and BRW...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Atlas O and BRW...  (Read 646 times)
Black_River_Joe
Historian
Re: Atlas O and BRW...
  57b.jpg - 35319 Bytes
« Reply #20 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 8:25pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

this is how it looks now....no shell and wires everywhere

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/57b.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
Black_River_Joe
Historian
  57c.jpg - 40513 Bytes
« Reply #21 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 8:25pm »

then this one is the part that was smoking yesterday

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/57c.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Black_River_Joe
Historian
  57d.jpg - 39499 Bytes
« Reply #22 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 8:26pm »

this is how it looks on my shelf

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/57d.jpg
Click Image to Resize

maps53
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #23 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 9:04pm »

WOW. That's really bad. How did this happen? Don't be afraid to write all the details as I and I'm sure the other guys would like to know. Jim.

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #24 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 6:20am »

well i think nothing ever works with these trains today , which is why i try to get postwar stuff but anyway when i was running it there was a bad connection and i thought that the roller wire snapped on the one side so i took the shell off and the roller and ground leads were cut. so to access it i had to take the wheel off and when i did that the wires got real tight and i couldnt put it together so i snipped the white thing around the wires and then all the wires went everywhere so i took everything apart and had a frame with nothing on it and everything else was next to it. as i put more parts on the engine the better it was but i couldnt figure out how to put the wheels back on with the insulation ring that goes around the motor because then the wheels wouldnt turn right. so i just left that part out and then it turned a whole lot better so then i connected all the wires back together and slid the 3 small circuit boards on it worked but the motors were sparking inside then the next day when i ran it the middle board started smoking and so i contacted atlas and they said to either bring ot to a athuorized service station or drectly to atlas

TAB
Historian

« Reply #25 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 9:21am »

Quote:
the next day when i ran it the middle board started smoking and so i contacted atlas and they said to either bring ot to a athuorized service station or drectly to atlas

Hey brw_60_752...Your willingness to get inside one of these pieces is admirable however the degree of technical knowledge required to fix even what seems to be a simple problem is extensive. At this point I would send the unit back to Atlas and throw your self at their mercy. They are decent people and may allow you one strike. Don’t be surprised, however, if all the slicing and dicing you did voided the warrantee. You may be in for a hefty repair charge…Tom

Moderator...Scratchbuilding and Kitbashing
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #26 on: Nov 17th, 2006, 9:39am »

yea even though the warranty doent end till june they dont think that, my dads engine with the BRW on it the smoke unit started smoking and we sent it there and they sent it back but it was 57 not 211 so we have 2 of them now which is why i painted the other one so i think im gonna have to pay because they didnt even care about my dads warrenty so

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #27 on: Nov 18th, 2006, 4:54pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

that dosen't look so good. I hope you get it fixed
~AnthonyD~

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #28 on: Nov 18th, 2006, 6:04pm »

yeah thanks so do i

Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »