Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jun 26th, 2017, 4:37pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

BR&W Photos Thread
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   BR&W Photos Thread
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: BR&W Photos Thread  (Read 11466 times)
de-rail
Historian
Re: BR&W Photos Thread
  BRWRR_002_b.jpg - 59741 Bytes
« Reply #380 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 6:46pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

752 with the train, Does anyone know if 8159 left Ringoes? I have not seen it around lately, and it did not show up in Joe's pictures

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/BRWRR_002_b.jpg
Click Image to Resize

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #381 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 6:57pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Those Amtrak cars look horrible. Does anyone know why he or she have so many of them? Evan when I was at the RR I noticed that there was allots of old Amtrak cars around the yard. It also looks like the baggage car is getting closer to the back shop for restoration I also really like your shots of the engine at the runaround. When I was there they said we had to get off so I could not see the engines and coaches down there and I was not sure I would be able to walk down there. What is that thing blocking the line to Lambertville? It looks like a caboose. Also the crane looks good

Great pictures guys. Thanks for posting them

Anthony

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #382 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 7:04pm »

SGP, the yard was moved around at 7:00am on saturday morning. They moved all the stuff because they are scraping i think the boxcar shells behind the mill track. also they are painting the shop and didnt want to get any on the equitment. 8159 has been in flemington for a few weeks now and on saturday the first train out had carried the pipe car back to flemington making the #102 from ringoes a mixed freight. then in flemington the 8159 took it to three bridges. 8159 is supposed to leave the railroad soon though.

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
Railfan Entertainments
Historian

« Reply #383 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 7:04pm »

Looks like a caboose or a dome car. Maybe a RDC? Man everything on that line looks horrible. Weeds are crowding the line and the engines and cars on the sidings or just....I can't find a word to say it it's so horrible. Great pictures BTW....
KB3PQD signing out

www.youtube.com/user/railfanentertainment
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #384 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 7:31pm »

the "thing" blocking the track is the BRW #200 caboose

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

brw60

« Reply #385 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 8:16pm »

on Oct 1st, 2007, 6:40pm, S.G.P. wrote:       (Click here for original message)

You can say that again, I was there on Saturday and it  looked like someone worked over time moving cars around.

Yes - I worked overtime moving the equipment around.  They needed room to unload the pipe cars -- equipment was in the way on the adjacent track.  Being that we were moving stuff around, we decided to dig out the baggage car because work should be starting on it shortly.

The equipment is pulled out from around the engine house because that is in process of getting painted as well.

As for the equipment on the main in S. Ringoes, there are two hacks and a two coaches stored there.

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #386 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 8:23pm »

for those of you that dont know what the term "hack" is, it means caboose.

WM734
Former Member

« Reply #387 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 9:15pm »

Guys,

I can't tell you how much it means to me (and plenty of others) that PROGRESS is being done at Ringoes.  We all appreciate your hard efforts and hope it keeps going!!  Just remember- hard work pays off.

Great job BR&W.

Colin

maps53
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #388 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 9:22pm »

on Oct 1st, 2007, 7:04pm, SRC#90_KB3PQD wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Looks like a caboose or a dome car. Maybe a RDC? Man everything on that line looks horrible. Weeds are crowding the line and the engines and cars on the sidings or just....I can't find a word to say it it's so horrible. Great pictures BTW....
KB3PQD signing out
 Horrible?  All BRW detractors get this -- FLUSH!!!!  LOL, Jim.

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #389 on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 3:20pm »

on Oct 1st, 2007, 8:16pm, brw60 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Yes - I worked overtime moving the equipment around.  They needed room to unload the pipe cars -- equipment was in the way on the adjacent track.  Being that we were moving stuff around, we decided to dig out the baggage car because work should be starting on it shortly.

Well then your the one who worked over time, so to speak.  FYI, behind #200 is the LV caboose, and behind that are about 3 other light weight coaches with an unknown fate. The Amtrak bagguge cars are owned by the RR and are used for sotorage kind of like the ones at strasburg.

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #390 on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 6:22pm »

That is wonderful, The engine house will be painted. It seems allot of things are starting to happen so maybe the wheels are starting to turn to fix that place up a little Great work guys, all this stuff is not easy. We are at the process of moving thing at the RR museum in LI as well

Anthony

Cumbres and Toltec fan
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #391 on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 9:10pm »

on Oct 1st, 2007, 9:15pm, WM734 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Guys,

I can't tell you how much it means to me (and plenty of others) that PROGRESS is being done at Ringoes.  We all appreciate your hard efforts and hope it keeps going!!  Just remember- hard work pays off.

Great job BR&W.

Colin

I second that!

"Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight."
BRWRuckus
Railfan

« Reply #392 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 2:34pm »

I forget if there's been mention of it on this board or not, but BR&W has a new freight customer that's transloading inbound conduit shipments in Ringoes. Anybody have any pictures of the "pipe cars"? Some of the outbound empties have been hitching a ride to Flemington PRR on train 102, making it a genuine mixed freight. I need some pictures for my archives!

Michael Shea
Vice President
Black River Railroad Historical Trust
www.brrht.org
de-rail
Historian

« Reply #393 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 2:49pm »

on Oct 9th, 2007, 2:34pm, BRWRuckus wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Anybody have any pictures of the "pipe cars"? !

You might want to go back and check pages 18 and 19 of this topic, think there are some, I have a few more if you really need them.

BRWRuckus
Railfan

« Reply #394 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 3:42pm »

Thanks...forgot about those. I'm really looking for shots of the pipe cars in transit. Shots from within Flemington or at grade crossings would be nice.

Michael Shea
Vice President
Black River Railroad Historical Trust
www.brrht.org
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #395 on: Oct 9th, 2007, 5:18pm »

Sadly Mike, I wish that i couldve captured the mixed but i had other stuff to do. If it was on a sunday, i wouldve taken alot.

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #396 on: Oct 14th, 2007, 11:39pm »

Today 752 was in the shop for the 92 day inspection

The fairmont crane is all primed and ready to paint. the parts just have to be primed, painted and assembled back on.

halloween decorations are all around the BR&W

The mack had a line painted on it today.

Wierd to see 8159 pulling the passenger trains.

Another pipe car

Pretty cool that 8159 was the main engine today

This picture is usually flipped around meaning that 8159 would be where 752 is and 752 would be where 8159 is.

pulling into the station

looking out the 420

looking at the 420 with the door open

8159 and 752

Have a good week everyone.

Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #397 on: Oct 15th, 2007, 7:43pm »

Thanks for posting those Joe. I like seeing what is happening at the BRW. Ringoes looks pretty nice for the holidays. I see work is being done on the shed. It is odd to see 752 not on the train but 8159 looks pretty good with the train

Anthony

de-rail
Historian
  BRW_039.9.jpg - 95397 Bytes
« Reply #398 on: Oct 15th, 2007, 9:30pm »

Great shots Joe, I really liked the angles you got with 8159 by the station.

Of course I was too lazy to start posting photos from Saturday until after the Sunday ones were posted. O well here is one of 8159 with the freight cars down at the run-around track.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/BRW_039.9.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2007, 9:31pm by de-rail » Logged

de-rail
Historian
  BRW_040_704x528.jpg - 80186 Bytes
« Reply #399 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 9:04pm »

Here are some more pictures from last weekend. #60

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/BRW_040_704x528.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »