Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jun 25th, 2017, 8:14pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

BR&W Photos Thread
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   BR&W Photos Thread
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...  27 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: BR&W Photos Thread  (Read 11455 times)
Black_River_Joe
Historian
Re: BR&W Photos Thread
  Picture_or_Video_807.jpg - 54102 Bytes
« Reply #320 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 11:24pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/Picture_or_Video_807.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #321 on: Jul 8th, 2007, 1:42pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

WOW that unit looks really good. Is it the BRWs or was it being painted for someone? That would be cool to see on the trains

Joe, in your last picture, were  is 752 going? Or has she stopped moving. I also see the caboose train next to her

Anthony

PennRailVideos
Former Member
  IMGP8557-2.jpg - 163877 Bytes
« Reply #322 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 9:10am »

I was at the BR&W on Saturday. Though not impressed, it was still fun, because I had never been here before.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/IMGP8557-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2007, 9:11am by adam17 » Logged
PennRailVideos
Former Member
  IMGP8561.jpg - 158219 Bytes
« Reply #323 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 9:13am »

Here, 8159 is just returning from her days' work in Three Bridges.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/IMGP8561.jpg
Click Image to Resize

PennRailVideos
Former Member
  IMGP8565.jpg - 133228 Bytes
« Reply #324 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 9:15am »

Before bed, she slowly moves a caboose back into the siding.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/IMGP8565.jpg
Click Image to Resize

PennRailVideos
Former Member
  IMGP8566.jpg - 156856 Bytes
« Reply #325 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 9:17am »

Sounding her bell, 752 pulls into Ringoes with the afternoon train from Flemington.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/IMGP8566.jpg
Click Image to Resize

PennRailVideos
Former Member
  IMGP8567.jpg - 127942 Bytes
« Reply #326 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 9:19am »

After running around her train down in the weed-infested siding, she pulled back up to the station reboard the passengers.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/IMGP8567.jpg
Click Image to Resize

PennRailVideos
Former Member
  IMGP8568.jpg - 134173 Bytes
« Reply #327 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 9:23am »

Last one. Though I had fun, I was still dissappointed in the RR. They had so much more potential, and the BRRHT can only do so much. It's good they're still running passenger trains, but things need to get painted and repaired. Nobody wants to ride in a rusty/run-down coach, do they?

Enjoy yourselves,
- Adam

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/IMGP8568.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #328 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 1:22am »

Here are a few pictures from today.

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Hulka
Railfan

« Reply #329 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 12:49pm »

I have a question, does anyone know why the moved the station in Flemington up to where it is at now from where it was in the 1980's?  I would assume that it is cheaper to run, less track to maintain, but with all the traffic, foot and vehicle, I would think it would be better a little farther back.  On the plus side it is closer for people to see and the little kids want to ride it.  Any input?

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #330 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 12:52pm »

I thought that the BRW sold all that track leading to the other station.

WM734
Former Member

« Reply #331 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 3:34pm »

on Aug 27th, 2007, 12:49pm, Hulka wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I have a question, does anyone know why the moved the station in Flemington up to where it is at now from where it was in the 1980's?  I would assume that it is cheaper to run, less track to maintain, but with all the traffic, foot and vehicle, I would think it would be better a little farther back.  On the plus side it is closer for people to see and the little kids want to ride it.  Any input?

I agree with you 100%.

My guess is that the current location of the station is closer to the main road, having the public see the station.  I've always thought it was a bad idea on their part (heck, theres always poor ideas over there anyway).  I don't think they'll ever learn...

Ringoes still looks like a dump hole, when they will ever realize it, I don't know.

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #332 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 3:45pm »

on Aug 27th, 2007, 12:49pm, Hulka wrote:       (Click here for original message)

I have always thought that it was so the station was closer to Liberty Village Outlets, as to weather or not the Railroad still owns that section of right of way, is unknown. There are lots of weeds near that old station now, so I would not be surprised to learn that it was taken out of service for that reason

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Hulka
Railfan

« Reply #333 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 5:48pm »

You would think that they would invest in a few gallons of "round-up" or something like that and spray once a month so the station does not look like it is abandoned.  If you really thing about it the general public sees a lot of train tracks that our OOS.  I used to live in Ocean County and most of the tracks out that way are overgrown with weeds and brush and you just about never see a train on it.  So if you rode by there and looked at it you would think the same or it is a rail road grave yard.  I really wish I still lived there because I would go up and help cut the brush back that would hit the cars and with other little things.  If they were to fix the station up some to make it look like passenger trains do exist then maybe people would ride more.  The first impression of the station is what paints the picture in the peoples mind.  I am not saying to pave the parking lot and make it look like a NJ Tranist station, but spray the weeds at least and clean up a little.

Hulka
Railfan

« Reply #334 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 5:52pm »

Sorry but forgot to add, the equipment would stay in better shape too.  You can see the "Brush finish" on the coaches in the pictures, and most of them have brush about touching the equipment as it goes by.

Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #335 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 7:05pm »

Joe,

Great pictures! I noticed M-55 was outside with the coaches. What is in the shed where she uses to be?

And Guys, There is an another station? Where it is? I would assume it is where it is now for what was already said about the Road and people seeing it
 I think the mall would have something to with it was well

Anthony

PennRailVideos
Former Member

« Reply #336 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 7:13pm »

Joe, that first photo is a great one.

I may make a trip to BR&W this Saturday, so I can make a nice video on it whille it's still there.
- Adam

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #337 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 7:21pm »

on Aug 27th, 2007, 5:48pm, Hulka wrote:       (Click here for original message)
You would think that they would invest in a few gallons of "round-up" or something like that and spray once a month so the station does not look like it is abandoned.  If you really thing about it the general public sees a lot of train tracks that our OOS.  I used to live in Ocean County and most of the tracks out that way are overgrown with weeds and brush and you just about never see a train on it.  So if you rode by there and looked at it you would think the same or it is a rail road grave yard.  I really wish I still lived there because I would go up and help cut the brush back that would hit the cars and with other little things.  If they were to fix the station up some to make it look like passenger trains do exist then maybe people would ride more.  The first impression of the station is what paints the picture in the peoples mind.  I am not saying to pave the parking lot and make it look like a NJ Tranist station, but spray the weeds at least and clean up a little.

Hulka, you lost me there, what station are we talking about that has that needs "Round Up"? The current Flemington station looks fine to me, although they could ballast a bit more on the main track. If you are talking about the old flemington station, well yes that is over grown, possibly up to your knees. But I don't even know if the RR still owns the Right Of Way anymore and I really don't think they own the station anymore.  

Anthony, I can't respond to your first question because I have only seen the Delaware Turtle in the shed once during RR days, lately I have seen the Turtle on the Track next to the Platform. Looking towards tree bridges from the flemington station the main line leads off on a switch to Tree Bridges, however the track that you would be on if the train continued strait used to go on farther than it does and it used to lead to the "Old Station"(PRR). There is another station in Flemington that was built by the CNJ, it spend many years as restaurant, it has been restored and is now a Unity Bank.

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2007, 7:30pm by de-rail » Logged

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #338 on: Aug 28th, 2007, 10:57am »

Im going to the railroad this sunday and Im bringing the best weed killer that is available.  On another note they did trim a few of the bigger bushes that actually came in through the windows. There are a few more spots on the main to be trimmed, but how about a group of us meet in a week or two and I will set up a train to cut weeds along the line and in Ringoes and Flemington?

If anyone is interested in weed trimming, send me a email (jmbrwandmthrcool@aol.com) and tell me. Then I will talk to Kean and see when we can do this.

Cumbres and Toltec fan
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #339 on: Aug 28th, 2007, 11:13am »

on Aug 27th, 2007, 3:34pm, WM734 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Ringoes still looks like a dump hole, when they will ever realize it, I don't know.

A "dump hole" is a polite description of the place.  There is no way they can attract riders on a regular basis with the place looking that way, no matter what the Trust does.  The railroad expects the trust to do just about everything with extremely limited resources.  It's a joke.

"Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...  27 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »