Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Aug 23rd, 2017, 4:27am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

BR&W Photos Thread
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   BR&W Photos Thread
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...  27 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: BR&W Photos Thread  (Read 11522 times)
WM734
Former Member
Re: Black River and Western Pics
  BRWeastertrains2007_011_asdf.jpg - 155692 Bytes
« Reply #140 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 9:21pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Heya Jason,

All thanks goes out to you, my friend.  It was one helluva good time!

Last pic of the line at Lambertville in the other direction...look closely and you'll see an old blue coach far away down the line...strange...

Thanks again,
Colin

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/BRWeastertrains2007_011_asdf.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #141 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 8:11am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I thought I reconized someone yesterday at ringoes, Colin.  Sounds like you had a good day but mine was like the total opposite of yours   .  To start off my day, i went to the New Hope train show, then i headed to the NH&I where the train came in and I reconized one of the guys from the BR&W. Then before my dad and I left we got some fireballs.  once we left New Hope, we stopped in Lambertville and I too agree that the tracks are fine just that they have trees growing in the middle. Then we left and I realized we could see 752 leave Ringoes. You are lucky you got a cab ride. but on the other hand, I finally got to ring 60s bell(after being there like 10 times i just wouldnt ring it). The conductor said that she should DEFINATLY be running by fall if nothing happens. Then after leaving Ringoes yard, my dad and I finally got to have Stewarts and we were racing the train when we had to turn around. While we were there, I heard a train and i was like, here comes 752, but to my surprise it was 8159 the switcher. It has a nice horn but not as good as 752.  Then after stewarts we were heading home and i saw about a 25 car freight train on the Black River track in Three Bridges.  We turned on railroad ave, and I see a Dash-9 on the BR&W tracks.  we were waiting and finally it started coming foward, so we got out and wacthed and all the cars were turning around, one guy was even changing his windshield wipers . As NS was pulling on the main, i noticed another engine, but NS did some more switching moves and then theyleft the one engine down on the BRW and the other half of the train was on the other side of the crossing.(must've been time for a crew change).  

Colin, do you got anymore pictures? yours are great. too bad i didnt have the camera yesterday

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #142 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 8:16am »

hey SPG, theres your hopper car, filled with Ballast, and I also noticed that there were a bunch of new ties in Ringoes yard   this is good

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #143 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 8:18am »

oh by the way, colin, that looks like a green coach to me anyway, do you have a picture of that?

Adam17
Former Member

« Reply #144 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:22am »

Colin, very nice pics. I had the privilage of going the BR&W other branch on Sunday: The Bel-Del. For those who haven't heard 1850's horn, you don't know what you're missing. I also swung by WK&S, but that's for another board.

NH_ENGINEER
Former Member

« Reply #145 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:41am »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 8:59pm, WM734 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Wonder who that guy is...  

I dont know who he is but he sure is ugly,surprised ya didnt break the camera taking that pic.

BRWRuckus
Railfan

« Reply #146 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:58am »

That pic of the car down at Lambertville looks like it was taken looking north up the Quarry Branch.

Get your pics while you can. That baggage car might not be there for long...

Michael Shea
Vice President
Black River Railroad Historical Trust
www.brrht.org
de-rail
Historian

« Reply #147 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 12:23pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:58am, BRWRuckus wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Get your pics while you can. That baggage car might not be there for long...

Dare I ask what you mean by that?

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Cumbres and Toltec fan
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #148 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 2:09pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:41am, NH_ENGINEER wrote:       (Click here for original message)

I dont know who he is but he sure is ugly,surprised ya didnt break the camera taking that pic.

Hey, NH_ENGINEER, flattery will get you nowhere!  
You're just envious that I'm scarier looking than you are.  

"Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight."
BRWRuckus
Railfan

« Reply #149 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 3:56pm »

The details of the move remain to be determined, but sometime in the near future the baggage car on the quarry branch will be moved either to end-of-track or to Ringoes.

Michael Shea
Vice President
Black River Railroad Historical Trust
www.brrht.org
Hulka
Railfan

« Reply #150 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 5:08pm »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 9:21pm, WM734 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Heya Jason,

All thanks goes out to you, my friend.  It was one helluva good time!

Last pic of the line at Lambertville in the other direction...look closely and you'll see an old blue coach far away down the line...strange...

Thanks again,
Colin

Those track look like they are ready to fall into the canal by the looks of the picture.

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #151 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 5:49pm »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 3:56pm, BRWRuckus wrote:       (Click here for original message)
The details of the move remain to be determined, but sometime in the near future the baggage car on the quarry branch will be moved either to end-of-track or to Ringoes.

if it is going to be moved, wouldnt that mean the tracks to lambertville have to be cleared, maybe for future use  

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #152 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 7:37pm »

Colin, very nice pics. I plan of going up to the BRW in June

Anthony

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #153 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 10:28pm »

on Apr 10th, 2007, 7:37pm, anthonyd_SRR wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Colin, very nice pics. I plan of going up to the BRW in June

Anthony

...For the BRW mixed frieght/ railroad days i assume, a couple notes, bring camera, and plenty of film

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #154 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 3:48pm »

I will  

Anthony

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #155 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 6:10am »

im starting my title scene today, probably wont finish till next week

Adam17
Former Member

« Reply #156 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 9:10am »

Railroad Days looks like a fun event. I'll be sure to try to make it.

WM734
Former Member
  meand601993_002_asdf_asdf.jpg - 94313 Bytes
« Reply #157 on: Apr 26th, 2007, 8:45pm »

Was digging through my old BR&W pictures and came across this old picture.  This is me in the Ringoes yard when I was 2 years old, in May 1993.  This was the first time I had ever layed eyes on what was soon to become one of my favorite engines of all time.  It certainly was not my last and hope to see a scene like this again (without me being two years old though).

Colin

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BRW/meand601993_002_asdf_asdf.jpg
Click Image to Resize

joneau261
Historian

« Reply #158 on: Apr 26th, 2007, 9:44pm »

There's something we don't see everyday!  

Well, let's see when this scene can be done again. Now I can't wait to see 60 running again!

"Railfans are clingy, complaining dumbsnots who will never ever be grateful for any concession you provide. The moment you shut out their shrill tremulous complaints, the happier you'll be for it.
Incidentally, how about donating to Railfan.net?"
de-rail
Historian
  scan_60-3.jpg - 101115 Bytes
« Reply #159 on: Apr 26th, 2007, 9:49pm »

And when 60 is back we will all know who to thank.

Colin, I have one like that some where when I was just about side rod high, I don't think my folks will let me post it. It was taken the same day of the bellow picture.

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (101115 bytes, 995x686 pixels)

Click Here to View Image scan_60-3.jpg - 101115 Bytes

« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2007, 9:50pm by de-rail » Logged

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...  27 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »