Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 23rd, 2017, 11:43am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Status of ex Lackawanna coaches
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
   Status of ex Lackawanna coaches
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Status of ex Lackawanna coaches  (Read 881 times)
de-rail
Historian
Re: Status of ex Lackawanna coaches

« Reply #20 on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 6:35pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

on Oct 3rd, 2007, 5:54pm, Anthony_SRR wrote:       (Click here for original message)

SGP, did you need permission to go down there? I wanted to but was not sure if I could

No you don't really need permission to go down there. My advice is though is not to be afraid to walk in the tall weeds when the train comes.  I did ask someone if it was all right the first time I walked up on the vestibule of one of the coaches. But there ar no rules against it or anything.

« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2007, 6:35pm by de-rail » Logged

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
NHIWW
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #21 on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 7:22pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:03am, brw_60_752 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
The trust has thought about putting tar on the roof, but we thought that the best idea was to get custom tarps made so that no further damage could be done in the winter.

The beginning of Winter is weeks away....is there really enough time to have expensive "custom made" tarps made and get them on the cars in time?

Snow is not the only enemy here. I would suggest getting something in the interim to protect the cars until those CM tarps arrive.

Also, are the cars left open to the world like that?  I know Ringos is not in a metropois but still, some roaming vegrant could easily do some serious damamge to those interiors.

Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #22 on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 9:31pm »

Sadly yes, the cars are open year round. good idea about the inside. I'll discuss that with members of the trust.

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
farok
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #23 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 8:16am »

Unfortunately the bodies need some metalwork and the trucks I believe need rebuilding.  The Boonton cars have trucks unlike most other equipment, particularly with how they mate with the coach body, and so swapping/replacing trucks is not an option with these cars.  I agree some sort of weatherproofing and securing is needed in the near future, until ridership demands more coaches and funds are raised to do the necessary work to put them in service.  Also, I do not know who owns them (trust or the railroad) as that could unfortunately change the priority as well.

« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2007, 8:16am by farok » Logged
Black_River_Joe
Historian

« Reply #24 on: Oct 7th, 2007, 8:39am »

They are owned by the railroad.

Help!!! Restore the BRW equipment by joining the Black River Historical Trust. www.brrht.org

Currently working on CNJ 1009 coach.
Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »