Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jun 23rd, 2017, 7:59pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Black River & Western
(Moderators: brw60, J. M. Fusco, strasburg90)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34  35 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: #60  (Read 35567 times)
Cumbres and Toltec fan
Railfan
View Profile  

Re: #60

« Reply #520 on: Mar 31st, 2009, 6:35pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

on Mar 31st, 2009, 9:49am, limejuice wrote:       (Click here for original message)

:sigh: Now now, little one. The choo choo will be ready when it is ready, and not a moment sooner. You can play with your Thomas toys while you're waiting, and maybe when you get bigger, you can help fix the choo choo, but only if you're a good boy!

I have my reasons for that remark, but I don't feel like explaining them to the likes of you.

"Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight."
CR_North_Jersey
Chaser

« Reply #521 on: Apr 6th, 2009, 2:13pm »

Oh boy does she look good outside for the first time in almost 5 years.    

Sand dome is now on.  Also the Bell rope is now connected to the inside of the cab.

BR&W volunteer since 1997
BRRHT Treasurer since 2010
NHI_FIREMAN
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #522 on: Apr 7th, 2009, 3:05am »

on Mar 31st, 2009, 9:49am, limejuice wrote:       (Click here for original message)

:sigh: Now now, little one. The choo choo will be ready when it is ready, and not a moment sooner. You can play with your Thomas toys while you're waiting, and maybe when you get bigger, you can help fix the choo choo, but only if you're a good boy!

Why so harsh limejuice?

www.newhoperailroad.com
limejuice
Railfan
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #523 on: Apr 7th, 2009, 3:16pm »

on Mar 31st, 2009, 6:35pm, Cumbres and Toltec fan wrote:       (Click here for original message)

I have my reasons for that remark, but I don't feel like explaining them to the likes of you.

Cumbres,
I apologize. I took your comment out of context and assumed you were some whiny malcontent. I need to avoid railroad forums when I haven't been sleeping!

limejuice
Railfan
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #524 on: Apr 7th, 2009, 3:21pm »

on Apr 7th, 2009, 7:37am, PM1156 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Changing those dirty diapers must be affecting his thinking,or he got a rectal realignment from SEPTA.

Hah! Yeah that could be affecting my thinking, but the lack of sleep is probably more of a factor. SEPTA treats me pretty well actually, but my colleagues that don't want to do their job are really getting to me! I like to fix problems, but maybe I'm crazy or something.

NHIWW
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #525 on: Apr 7th, 2009, 5:28pm »

on Apr 7th, 2009, 3:21pm, limejuice wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Hah! Yeah that could be affecting my thinking, but the lack of sleep is probably more of a factor. SEPTA treats me pretty well actually, but my colleagues that don't want to do their job are really getting to me! I like to fix problems, but maybe I'm crazy or something.

NEVER and I reapeat, NEVER attempt to fix a problem at SEPTA. They will bury you in the ground if you even make such an attempt.

Just show up, smile occasionally when the boss says something stupid (which is more often than not), act like you're working and go home. Collect your pay, pass go, in fact RUN past it and you will be a much, MUCH happier man by doing so...and be healthy when you retire.

If you want to drop dead the minute you walk out the door the final time from SEPTA, go ahead, try to change all the things you want.

Cumbres and Toltec fan
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #526 on: Apr 7th, 2009, 8:10pm »

on Apr 7th, 2009, 3:16pm, limejuice wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Cumbres,
I apologize. I took your comment out of context and assumed you were some whiny malcontent. I need to avoid railroad forums when I haven't been sleeping!

I gratefully accept your apology.  I typically enjoy your posts, so I was taken aback by your last one.  I understand how hard it is when you haven't been sleeping.  

The latest I heard was June for 60.  I really hope that is the case, as I'd be willing to set time aside to be there at the BR&W when she's running.

"Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight."
PENNSY_BOcabeese
Railfan

« Reply #527 on: Apr 8th, 2009, 12:17am »

on Apr 7th, 2009, 5:28pm, NHIWW wrote:       (Click here for original message)

NEVER and I reapeat, NEVER attempt to fix a problem at SEPTA. They will bury you in the ground if you even make such an attempt.

Just show up, smile occasionally when the boss says something stupid (which is more often than not), act like you're working and go home. Collect your pay, pass go, in fact RUN past it and you will be a much, MUCH happier man by doing so...and be healthy when you retire.

If you want to drop dead the minute you walk out the door the final time from SEPTA, go ahead, try to change all the things you want.

Well only TRY and fix something if they'll paying you lots of overtime.  And that smile thing, NHIWW, you must still be working around the public, I only smile when I run out the door everyday!!!!!!    And praying the fumes in the building don't get to me before I retire!  

NHIWW
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #528 on: Apr 8th, 2009, 8:17am »

on Apr 8th, 2009, 12:17am, PENNSY_BOcabeese wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Well only TRY and fix something if they'll paying you lots of overtime.  And that smile thing, NHIWW, you must still be working around the public, I only smile when I run out the door everyday!!!!!!    And praying the fumes in the building don't get to me before I retire!  

Now, Now.... I would like to have SOME brain cells left when I leave the place.

I'll let you have the OT.

limejuice
Railfan
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #529 on: Apr 8th, 2009, 1:02pm »

Heavens, I would never dream of trying to fix the bureaucratic problems at that place! I'm just trying to change a lamp or fuse, fix a switch machine, or adjust a track circuit here and there when they call me. It's just that some of my colleagues actually end up working harder at avoiding work than they would if they'd just do their jobs. Like I could be in and out of a switch failure in half an hour if my partner wasn't arguing with me about why we shouldn't mess with it. So instead it takes 4 hours, and it still isn't right. And then they try to make me look like the a-hole. ::grumble::

This is kinda way way off topic anyway. Back to our favorite Jersey 2-8-0!

Man with no Name
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #530 on: Apr 8th, 2009, 3:59pm »

on Apr 8th, 2009, 1:02pm, limejuice wrote:       (Click here for original message)

This is kinda way way off topic anyway. Back to our favorite Jersey 2-8-0!

I'm eagerly awaiting the return of the loco!

It'll be nice to have another steamer so close to New York.

CR_North_Jersey
Chaser

« Reply #531 on: May 10th, 2009, 9:13pm »

#60  minus the tender should be moved wednesday from the A-line to the Engine House.

BR&W volunteer since 1997
BRRHT Treasurer since 2010
bigjim4life
Historian

« Reply #532 on: May 21st, 2009, 11:39pm »

Any updates on #60?  Is she making any trial runs, any timeframe estimates, etc?  Looking forward to her return!

SR4501
Historian

« Reply #533 on: Jun 6th, 2009, 11:36pm »

on May 21st, 2009, 11:39pm, bigjim4life wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Any updates on #60?  Is she making any trial runs, any timeframe estimates, etc?  Looking forward to her return!

Just curious as to why no one has posted photos of #60 out of the shop?  
The site is The NERAIL North American Railroad Photo Archive  
Look under Black River and Western RR and #60 is right there, picture taken in May 2009. I can't get the link to post sorry.

« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2009, 11:41pm by SR4501 » Logged

http://www.rvcmr.org

"I am the thoroughbred of steam- Born to run- Born to be free- Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do!"
Espee9180
Historian

« Reply #534 on: Jun 6th, 2009, 11:43pm »

Looking good.

SR4501, the link you posted seems to be broke (404 Error) Might have to do with the "[url][/url]" you added to the url. I tracked down the photo number. See below:

Click Here For #60

SR4501
Historian

« Reply #535 on: Jun 7th, 2009, 8:19pm »

on Jun 6th, 2009, 11:43pm, Espee9180 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Looking good.

SR4501, the link you posted seems to be broke (404 Error) Might have to do with the "[url][/url]" you added to the url. I tracked down the photo number. See below:

Click Here For #60

Thanks for the help!! She sure does look pretty!  

http://www.rvcmr.org

"I am the thoroughbred of steam- Born to run- Born to be free- Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do!"
afboone
Railfan

« Reply #536 on: Jun 8th, 2009, 8:56am »

Does she have a large smokebox or is that just the way she is painted?

Steve.

Railfan Entertainments
Historian

« Reply #537 on: Jun 8th, 2009, 9:31am »

I haven't really been following this this topic but I just wanted to see how 60 was coming. So I clicked on the link Espee posted, and man, is it looking good. Kudos to everyone who is and has been working on 60. I can't wait to see it run.

www.youtube.com/user/railfanentertainment
Alan_Maples

View Profile  

« Reply #538 on: Jun 8th, 2009, 9:48am »

on Jun 8th, 2009, 8:56am, afboone wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Does she have a large smokebox or is that just the way she is painted?

Steve.

During World War II the Great Western Railway burned low grade lignite and put extended smokeboxes on all their engines.  Strasburg #90 arrived from Colorado with a significantly elongated smokebox which has since been cut back to its original appearance.  I suspect #60 retains its GW look.

Alan Maples

de-rail
Historian

« Reply #539 on: Jun 8th, 2009, 1:46pm »

Alan, your suspections are correct. 60 still has her enlargement where as 90 does not.

"We do not ride on the railroad; the railroad rides upon us." - Henry David Thoreau.

Hudson Revival Project's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hudson-Revival-Project/151566048238757
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34  35 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »