Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. May 24th, 2017, 11:13pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Railfan Advice, Montana Trip in 2 weeks
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   North American Railroads
   BNSF Discussion
(Moderators: dti407, BNSF_1088)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Railfan Advice, Montana Trip in 2 weeks  (Read 213 times)
towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 9:37am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I will be traveling to Montana for work in a few weeks, I will be passing through Billings and end up in Havre. Both a hubs of the BNSF, and Rail link heads into Billings so I was going to do some railfaning, since I live on the east coast I have no idea where to start. Any ideas, suggestions, info would help.

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2010, 10:58pm by towny72 » Logged

Railfan Safely, And always respect private property.
Pyronova

View Profile  

Re: Railfan Advice, Montana Trip in 2 weeks

« Reply #1 on: Nov 24th, 2010, 11:47am »

Have you travelled there yet or have you now returned?
Central to Western Montana is gorgeous and everywhere you look following the BNSF, Monana Raillink and abandoned roads such as the Milwaukee Road, you'll find lots of interesting things....  
Central Montana is alot drier than other regions of the country and you'll find older wooden railroad constructions still standing from 30, 40 50 even 60+ years ago.
Take lots of photos of the mountains, rivers, lakes and valleys as well as locomotive, bridge and other specific subject shots.  You'll love the memories these will bring in the years to come!
There's a reason Montana is called "Big Sky Country".  You'll see it when you get there!

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2010, 6:51pm »

Well I did end up making it out west. Billing, Helena, and a day and an all day trip up to GNP to get the Bridge at Java and the Inn at Essex.  

It was a real treat and a amazing trip. Next time I get out there I will spend some more time around the RailLink and maybe another trip to Essex.

Even after taking a ton of pictures I know now I didnt take enough....

Railfan Safely, And always respect private property.
reeta
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #3 on: Sep 19th, 2014, 12:22am »

Just wondered if you have heard any more on BNSF job situation and hiring.  Was to start in April but just got an email saying that is pushed off until August now.  They did offer Winslow, and that interests me a lot.  Do you have any way of knowing how the extra board out there is moving, I sure don't want to go all the way out there for training only to be cut off because the extra board is full.    

We are the leading the world in pass4sure best certkiller gre and wikipedia
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »