Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jul 25th, 2017, 6:47am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Kansas City Railfan
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   North American Railroads
   BNSF Discussion
(Moderators: dti407, BNSF_1088)
   Kansas City Railfan
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Kansas City Railfan  (Read 90 times)
SantaFeBBJM
TRAINing
Kansas City Railfan

« on: Sep 29th, 2010, 10:00pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I used to spend hours watching newly built trains head out on the West end of the Argentine Yard.  Now the spot is posted and seems generally uninviting.  Can any of you Kansas City locals point me to a good spot to watch trains near the Yard -- or around KC for that matter??

bigjim4life
Historian
Re: Kansas City Railfan

« Reply #1 on: Sep 29th, 2010, 10:19pm »

I was literally just in Kansas City, MO this past weekend for the first time.  Had dinner Friday night down at the "Freight House" set of restaurants, the other side of the tracks from Union Station.  While eating my caesar salad, I swear about 6 trains came through.  All sorts of mixes, mostly BNSF and UP, but I saw a Kansas City Southern (i think that's what it was) mixed in there as well.  Trains every few minutes for the most part.  Even during lunch at the next day, there were a bunch of trains.  So I'd say go there!  I'll be back next summer, and I'll take one night to go down in that area

Lfire83
Historian
Re: Kansas City Railfan

« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2010, 3:46pm »

I'm usually working inside the Argentine shops, so don't know much about the surrounding area, but the KCS/CN Kinoke yard has a bridge over it that has a decent amount of traffic.

FRMRRC Director at Large
CGMRRC Member
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »