Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Sep 25th, 2017, 5:02pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

New BNSF Logo
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   North American Railroads
   BNSF Discussion
(Moderators: dti407, BNSF_1088)
   New BNSF Logo
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: New BNSF Logo  (Read 3623 times)
towny72
Historian
View Profile  

Re: New BNSF Logo

« Reply #80 on: Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:51pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I got to see a few shots of units with the yellow swoosh. I guess BNSF wanted to see how that looked on the real thing. Everybody should just be glad they didnt run with it.   Yes I to hate change, but in todays world one has to constantly change or be past up.

Railfan Safely, And always respect private property.
M19AA
Chaser

« Reply #81 on: Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:51pm »

What a funny thing to arguing about. The new orange color and the BNSF swoosh looks great compared to past designs. Isn't everyone tired of seeing the crummy old SF units with the paint peeling off? Orange is much better than the Cascade Green that the BN used.  
Arguing about GE vs EMD is about a stupid as being stuck on a Chevy, Ford or Dodge truck or car. They all have their good points and bad. You can bet that BNSF and anyother RR has their reasons for what they purchase. They (engines) don't come cheap as you all know, so there must reasons that they lay out that kind of bucks for one or the other.
Personally, I like the GE because of the sound of them pulling. After years of listening to the whinning of the EMDs, GEs sound great.  
Bill

BNSFrailfan.

« Reply #82 on: Feb 6th, 2006, 9:19pm »

Weather we like the new BNSF or not. Railfans MUST accept it. They have no choice. Call the new logo what you want.....it is the true:BNSF RAILWAY. The new logo has been around for a year now. So why are Railfans still  ? Allan.

Allan Love Jr
chessie8212
Historian

« Reply #83 on: Feb 12th, 2006, 1:24am »

I don't understand what all the fuss is about if certain people don't like the logo

No one is rejecting reality.  Of course it's going to be the logo for BNSF for the next however many years, but does everyone have to like it just because that's the case?  I don't think so.

Personally, it's been growing on me.  Especially since just recently I finally saw one in person.  It looks alright, but I still like the old logo better.

But why are the people who don't like it being called crybabies or whiners?  Don't you miss anything about railroads from yesteryear?  

I'm sure that the older guys who grew up seeing steam on the rails accepted that diesels were the way of the future, but I can bet that didn't mean they had to like it.

Isn't railfanning all about personal interests?  If you like the new logo, that's great.  If you don't like it, don't feel like you have to.  Different strokes for different folks.

“The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed to have a certain capacity but often running empty.”

Take only photos...
Leave only footprints.
BNSFrailfan
TRAINing

« Reply #84 on: Feb 12th, 2006, 5:00pm »

Just DO NOT call it swoosh when someone comes near me when I am out Railfanning. Because I will go nuts on them.  

Bob
Historian

« Reply #85 on: Feb 15th, 2006, 11:54am »

fine......How about "Nike Swoosh" instead?

BNSFrailfan
TRAINing

« Reply #86 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 7:57am »

on Feb 15th, 2006, 11:54am, Bob wrote:       (Click here for original message)
fine......How about "Nike Swoosh" instead?

'NEW IMAGE'

BNSFrailfan
TRAINing

« Reply #87 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 3:32pm »

on Dec 21st, 2005, 6:08pm, Adam17 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
You all are a bunch of big babies! Stop complaining, since you can't do a thing about. It was BNSF Railways' Decision, not yours! Personally, I LIKE IT. That's right! I Like it! And so what if it say BNSF "RAILWAY". It means the SAME EXACT THING as "RAILROAD". Like RBMN's Lehigh Gorge Scenic RAILWAY. That doesn't stop me from liking the place, or the railroad. And Mike, just because you ain't a fan of GE, you can't say the Dash 9 is crap. GE is ahead of the compition, which in my mind is good, cause I love GE. I LIKE the new Evolution Locos. EMD is nice, but when have you seen thier new engine on the front of Popular Mechanics magazine? Hmm... no GP30's there, just GE's Evolution. Getting back on track, I just gotta say you all need to grow up. The new logo symbolizes the BNSF is the best in the business, and that they're fast, reliable, and at a resonable cost. I think I've said enough.....

Adam. Im with you all the way man.

towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #88 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:01pm »

Remember guys forums are for many reasons, complaining is one of them

espeefoamer
Railfan

« Reply #89 on: Sep 14th, 2006, 6:24pm »

And in about 10 or 15 years the swoosh will be replaced by something much worse,and these forums will be flooded with posts like"This new scheme stinks.BNSF shoulda stuck with the swoosh.That was a great scheme."
Disclaimer. I am  definitly NOT!!! a fan of the nike swoosh.

towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #90 on: Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:52pm »

Very True Espee, I remember when I was a kid always wishing conrail would do something differnt. Post merger I really miss the old blue... I guess the swoosh will grow on us.

al-in-chgo
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #91 on: Feb 11th, 2007, 9:39pm »

One man's opinion:  Nike has a swoop.  BNSF's new logo is a "wedge":    
--Yuck.

And that frightening shade of orange -- is that to be the new look?
--Double yuck.  

al-in-chgo  

-----
al-in-chgo, Northside.
Middle-Aged ChaseRR

RR viewing sites and shelters

Unsure of opinion re: graffiti
-------
ARA18
Historian

« Reply #92 on: Feb 12th, 2007, 3:40pm »

I must really admit I don't really care about the logo. While I loved Conrail and miss it, you must admit it's logo was probably the dullest in history excluding al of those Nationalised railways in Europe like British Rail, SNCF (the BNSF logo is quite similiar) or DB. But don't worry we'll always have the schemes of the past in Photographs and later Preservation. I'm quite sure those of us in High School will probably be showing these locomotives to our grandchildren in Models, Books and Museums. Think about what they'll grow up with. Probably roads North America Rail and Atlantic Pacific, which will have duller schemes.

Go Leafs!
CSX sucks!
American Viscose #6
Arcade & Attica #18
New York Centra; 4068/4080, Life's Good up here.
BNSFrailfan.

BNSF 'New Image'.

« Reply #93 on: Dec 8th, 2007, 3:36pm »

The BNSF's 'New Image' logo will be around for along time. So complaining about isn't change their mind. Insult it how ever you like. BNSF likes their 'New Image' logo. And that's what counts. At least the BNSF cares about it's Heritage. More than I can say for the other Railroads. That is all.

Allan Love Jr
BNSFrailfan.

Re: BNSF Railway.

« Reply #94 on: Dec 8th, 2007, 3:42pm »

on Dec 21st, 2005, 6:08pm, Adam17 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
You all are a bunch of big babies! Stop complaining, since you can't do a thing about. It was BNSF Railways' Decision, not yours! Personally, I LIKE IT. That's right! I Like it! And so what if it say BNSF "RAILWAY". It means the SAME EXACT THING as "RAILROAD". Like RBMN's Lehigh Gorge Scenic RAILWAY. That doesn't stop me from liking the place, or the railroad. And Mike, just because you ain't a fan of GE, you can't say the Dash 9 is crap. GE is ahead of the compition, which in my mind is good, cause I love GE. I LIKE the new Evolution Locos. EMD is nice, but when have you seen thier new engine on the front of Popular Mechanics magazine? Hmm... no GP30's there, just GE's Evolution. Getting back on track, I just gotta say you all need to grow up. The new logo symbolizes the BNSF is the best in the business, and that they're fast, reliable, and at a resonable cost. I think I've said enough.....
Amen brother. I'm with you their.

Allan Love Jr
towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #95 on: Apr 1st, 2008, 2:46pm »

Two great things about America, A company can call itself what it wants (and our railroads are not run by the state) and as a citizen we can complain about it as much as we want. So as rail fans we need to remember we have a right to like or dislike anything about the RR, we do not have the right to abuse or ridicule somebody else’s opinion.

Pyronova

View Profile  

New BNSF Logo
  Ship_travel_GreatNorthern.gif - 142210 Bytes
« Reply #96 on: Jun 7th, 2008, 1:31am »

They really should go back to this......

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/BNSF/Ship_travel_GreatNorthern.gif
Click Image to Resize

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »