Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 18th, 2017, 9:17am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

AMTRAK STATION PICTURES
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Varnish
   Amtrak Discussion
(Moderators: NYC_Subway_Fan, BNSF_1088, MidwestRailfan)
   AMTRAK STATION PICTURES
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: AMTRAK STATION PICTURES  (Read 3689 times)
MAW66

View Profile  

Re: AMTRAK STATION PICTURES
  SWChief4DepartingTopeka51306ReductionCopy.jpg - 156763 Bytes
« Reply #60 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 12:21am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Topeka, Kansas... served by the Southwest Chief

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (156763 bytes, 1024x681 pixels)

Click Here to View Image SWChief4DepartingTopeka51306ReductionCopy.jpg - 156763 Bytes

MAW66

View Profile  

SWChief3EnRoute61706-2ReductionCopy.jpg - 141335 Bytes
« Reply #61 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 1:09am »

Topeka, Kansas, in darkness, when the Southwest Chief normally arrives and departs...

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (141335 bytes, 1024x681 pixels)

Click Here to View Image SWChief3EnRoute61706-2ReductionCopy.jpg - 141335 Bytes

chuchubob
Historian
  06_10-30_13.jpg - 90874 Bytes
« Reply #62 on: Nov 2nd, 2006, 2:45pm »

Williamsburg, VA; Oct 30, 2006

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/06_10-30_13.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2006, 2:48pm by chuchubob » Logged
chuchubob
Historian
  06_10-30_15.jpg - 97729 Bytes
« Reply #63 on: Nov 2nd, 2006, 2:47pm »

Williamsburg, VA; Oct 30, 2006

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/06_10-30_15.jpg
Click Image to Resize

PRR5503
Historian

« Reply #64 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 8:15pm »

chuchobob:

I recently moved to the central-Florida area (from Pennsylvania), and see you have posted pictures of the Winter Haven station already
(my fiancee works at LOWES in-town, about 5 blocks away).

I will do my best to soon post pictures of the station in nearby Lakeland, Plant City (now a museum), and Auburndale (now appears to be part of a city-park / sports-complex / playground?) in the very near future.

' formerly' Milepost 322 of the late, great Pennsylvania Railroad.
PRR5503
Historian

« Reply #65 on: Nov 27th, 2006, 1:44pm »

With beautiful Mirror Lake behind me, this shot, from street-level, shows Lakeland Station, looking RR North-West.

With station-work being completed in Lakeland, this picture shows the platform & awning, complete with palmtrees!

Approximately 10 miles due-West of Lakeland sits Plant City, and here is it's station, looking RR North-West:

the 2 tracks in the immediate foreground run North to Zephyrhills, Dade City, and Ocala, and South to Brandon, while the perpendicular single-track runs East to Lakeland, and West to Tampa.

As time-allows, we plan to get more pictures of the nearby abandoned/restored stations with our Corvette, including possible stations Auburndale, Dundee, Haines City, Lake Alfred, Bartow, and Lake Wales.

PRR5503
Historian

« Reply #66 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 2:33pm »

..... after waiting-out this morning's drizzle, I ventured to my East, in-hopes of catching AMTRAK's #91, the Silver Star, rushing South-bound past one of the old stations in Haines City, Lake Alfred, or Auburndale.

Upon arriving in Haines City, I easily found the old station along the current-day CSX tracks, and by using an AMTRAK time-table, I 'guessed' it should be thru the area shortly after 11:00 AM, so as I waited, I took a few pictures of the building, now an antique store:
this picture is taken, looking due-North, with the tracks behind the station.....

Moving across the tracks, this is the 'back-side' of the station, which appears to have had 2 tracks and an elevated platform at some time (foreground):

With the train running more than 45 minutes late by my guesstimate, I headed towards Lake Alfred, thinking maybe I could find it's station instead, which I believe this building to be (now, a small church? ), looking due-North, located about 150' South the current tracks, running from Haines City to Auburndale:

my older maps of the area show a branch, leaving the Haines City/Auburndale line, running due-South to Winter Haven, curving next to the Left-side of this building, and I found traces of grade-crossings directly behind me, so I am probably standing in the road-bed of that long-gone trackage.....

AMTRAK was still nowhere in the area, so I headed for Auburndale, as the skies clouded-over.....

As I entered downtown Auburndale, the lights began flashing, and the crossing-arms lowered, as AMTRAK's #98, the North-bound Silver Meteor, also running way-late, came through town before I could line-up a picture against the station, located in the very center of town, next to several tennis courts (located to the Left & behind the building in this view, looking due-North ), with the old station now serving as a lounge/pro-shop for area tennis players:
before 5 minutes passed, I saw the headlights of #91, heading into town from the North-East, and hurriedly got this picture as it passed-by the station.....

Before I could walk 100' to my car, it began raining again, and I headed for home in Lakeland.....

« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2006, 2:35pm by PRR5503 » Logged

LandDownUnder
Enthusiast
View Profile   WWW  

PIC_0012.jpg - 49790 Bytes
« Reply #67 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 5:06am »

Parkesburg, PA

I don't think many foreigners end up at this station!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/PIC_0012.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Cheers
Maikha Ly
An Australian, lost in America...

The Intercity Platform - Now incorporating Valve Gear Media :: Aboard the Action! - 9th April 2007
http://www.theintercityplatform.com/

Last Updated - 11/05/06
PRR5503
Historian

« Reply #68 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 6:02am »

on Dec 28th, 2006, 5:06am, LandDownUnder wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Parkesburg, PA

Nice-picture..... the sign appears to be in the 'correct' PRR-colors, and even the inter-woven brick platform still survives.....

PRR5503
Historian

« Reply #69 on: Nov 23rd, 2007, 6:24pm »

I had to pick-up my fiancee's daughter in Winter Park, Fl., the day before Thanksgiving, so I decided to hang-out at the train-station that day.....

I saw some interesting ties, that were 'notched' the length of the tie:
anybody know why they have this notch in them?

Across from the present station is a small park, where I saw this plaque

The Station-Master uses a golf-cart to move the baggage around the platform

With no trains moving through the area, I fed a squirrel some cheese-flavored snacks which he seems to enjoy

Finally, Southbound Amtrak arrives, crossing Morse Street, blocking traffic amongst the quaint small-shops in-town

ranger101
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #70 on: Nov 24th, 2007, 1:49am »

PRR5503,
     Great shots of the various stations!  Glad to see that your getting your bearings in sunshine state railroad wise.!  The buildings down there have a way different feel to them architecturally.  I suppose that I'm used to seeing the old gothic looking PRR structures.  What do you expect from a slobbering Pennsy fanatic.

Rangers Lead the Way!

ClydeDET
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #71 on: Nov 24th, 2007, 1:04pm »

Haines City has almost a look of something you'd find along the Santa Fe to me.

Pyronova

View Profile  

AMTRAK STATION PICTURES
  AMTRAK_SacramentoCA.jpg - 258306 Bytes
« Reply #72 on: Apr 18th, 2008, 2:29am »

Sacramento, California.

Ex Southern Pacific Station.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/AMTRAK_SacramentoCA.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

Dillon_SC_Amtrak_Station.jpg - 57388 Bytes
« Reply #73 on: Apr 28th, 2008, 12:12am »

Dillion, SC Station. Only the door on the right is for Amtrak. The other end of the station is used by CSX. The Palmetto stops here, #89 at 4:25pm (when it is "on time", not often) and #90 at 12:25pm (on time more often).
CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/Dillon_SC_Amtrak_Station.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
ClydeDET
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #74 on: May 3rd, 2008, 6:00pm »

on Apr 18th, 2008, 2:29am, Pyronova wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Sacramento, California.

Ex Southern Pacific Station.

Pretty decent station; when we were here in 2006, there was quite a bit of trackwork for commuter and light rail additional service going on.

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

Rocky_Mount_NC_Station.jpg - 60032 Bytes
« Reply #75 on: May 26th, 2008, 11:19pm »

I think Rocky Mount NC. is looking good to.
From the NCDOT web site:
"Rocky Mount's current train station was constructed as a passenger station in three stages. In 1893 the Wilmington & Weldon Railroad built a two-story red brick Romanesque station with one-story wings. In 1911-12, Wilmington & Weldon Railroad's corporate successor, the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad, added two stories to the wings. In 1916, a third story was added to the entire structure. In the 1960's, a modern addition was built between the wings to house railroad switches and signal equipment. The building also served as a division headquarters for ACL and its successors, Seaboard Coast Line and CSXT. CSXT vacated the office space in the late 1980's. The building is part of Rocky Mount's Historic District.
Rehabilitation of the existing station was completed in May 2000, in conjunction with the downtown rehabilitation master plan. The modern structure added in the 1960's was removed. A new entry way was added at this location, which allows patrons access to the rehabilitated station from the city streetscape for the first time. The 1911-12 canopies have been reconstructed. A new ADA-compliant platform was constructed. The first floor houses the Amtrak waiting, ticket and baggage space. The Rocky Mount Chamber of Commerce occupies the entire second floor, and there are leased offices on the third floor. The nearby Railway Express Agency (REA) building has become a transit center for Rocky Mount Transit and Greyhound. A restaurant also occupies space in the REA building. A "commons" park has been built in front of the station to provide a visual link to downtown, along with improved driveways, parking and streetscaping. Construction began in January 1997 and was completed in December 2000.
$6.3 million federal Enhancement funds for rehabilitation of the station; $630,000 in state funds; $860,000 local funds (for property acquisition); $630,000 Federal Transit Administration funds (for the REA Building); $575,000 local funds (for driveway/street planning and construction)."
Here is a link to a train schedule:
http://www.bytrain.org/passenger/citystops/rockymount.html

CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/Rocky_Mount_NC_Station.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

Rocky_Mount_Station_Interior.jpg - 56521 Bytes
« Reply #76 on: May 26th, 2008, 11:21pm »

Station interior.
CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/Rocky_Mount_Station_Interior.jpg
Click Image to Resize

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

Rocky_Mount_Station_Skylight.jpg - 94451 Bytes
« Reply #77 on: May 26th, 2008, 11:22pm »

Nice Skylight.
CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/Rocky_Mount_Station_Skylight.jpg
Click Image to Resize

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

Amtrak_Station_Newport_News_VA.jpg - 46528 Bytes
« Reply #78 on: Jul 13th, 2008, 11:19pm »

Modern looking station at Newport News, VA July 13, 2008.
CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/Amtrak_Station_Newport_News_VA.jpg
Click Image to Resize

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

Newark_Penn_Station.jpg - 72919 Bytes
« Reply #79 on: Jun 28th, 2009, 9:29pm »

Here is a shot of the Newark Penn Station taken on June 6, 2009.
CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Amtrak/Newark_Penn_Station.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »