Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Dec 15th, 2017, 9:10am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Catskill Mountain Railroad.
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
(Moderators: Two23, , CHESSIEMIKE)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Catskill Mountain Railroad.  (Read 385 times)
centercab
Historian

« on: Sep 6th, 2013, 10:03am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I have been a fan of this little scenic line for a long time and am very troubled by the harassment Ulster County New York has been giving this hard working group of railroaders. Lately the county has been turning up the "heat" on them by doing physical damage to the right of way. Earlier a bridge destroyed by the last flood was allocated FEMA repair funds which Ulster County denied the CMRR. Also Ulster wants to install a hike-bike trail along the railroad. If you go to the CMRR site here on Railfan.net you can see a virtual history in photographs of how this hard working group of men resurrected a weed and tree strewn railroad into a really nice scenic tourist line, not to mention it's historic value. I would hate to see the elitists who are set on ruining this great little scenic line win.

Love that Solyndra!
towny72
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Catskill Mountain Railroad.

« Reply #1 on: Sep 6th, 2013, 10:56am »

Hear Hear!

Railfan Safely, And always respect private property.
centercab
Historian
Re: Catskill Mountain Railroad.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 2nd, 2015, 5:33pm »

I know this thread is old but would like to know if anyone has news about the CMRR. Last post on the railfan.net site they always report on has not had any entries since Feb. 2015. Just thinking that Ulster county has won? I certainly would say it's a shame if that has happened! Hike-bike people would be happy for sure

Love that Solyndra!
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »