Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 17th, 2017, 3:57am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Pemberton Township Historic Trust
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
(Moderators: Two23, , CHESSIEMIKE)
   Pemberton Township Historic Trust
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Pemberton Township Historic Trust  (Read 14038 times)
Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Pemberton Township Historic Trust

« Reply #340 on: Sep 27th, 2009, 10:58am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Another volunteer and new member, Tom, and I began sanding and priming the diesel yesterday. We started on the Wawa side so people can see we are doing something to keep the place looking nice. Another couple of member/volunteers cut the grass in a few places. If the weather is nice this weekend, we will attack it with power tools and hopefully get the entire east end, Wawa side, in primer.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #341 on: Oct 4th, 2009, 10:33am »

Well, we got most of the #2 end in primer as well as some of the face of the cab. Next week we will finish that end and get the cab in primer. Our plan is to use the #1 end as a pattern to repaint the #2 end the way it was painted at Roebling If our plans got well, we hope to have the cab and the #2 end back in Roebling colors before winter sets in.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #342 on: Oct 10th, 2009, 4:13pm »

on Oct 4th, 2009, 10:33am, Mr._Ed wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Well, we got most of the #2 end in primer as well as some of the face of the cab. Next week we will finish that end and get the cab in primer. Our plan is to use the #1 end as a pattern to repaint the #2 end the way it was painted at Roebling If our plans got well, we hope to have the cab and the #2 end back in Roebling colors before winter sets in.

Later!
Mr. Ed

It all sounds promising Ed.  I have commitments in North Jersey this weekend.  I"ll get over there as soon as I can get the chance.

Railroads are a weakness we all share..
Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #343 on: Oct 11th, 2009, 10:55am »

With the rains threatening, we sprayed the radiator louvers and then put them in white jaust as it began to drizzle. So we cleaned out the basement of outdated computers, something we do often. We'll be back next Saturday.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #344 on: Nov 6th, 2009, 9:41am »

Tomorrow we are going to lay at least one stick of track and maybe two or three. We start at 9:00 AM so stop by if you want.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #345 on: Nov 6th, 2009, 11:40am »

on Nov 6th, 2009, 9:41am, Mr._Ed wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Tomorrow we are going to lay at least one stick of track and maybe two or three. We start at 9:00 AM so stop by if you want.

Later!
Mr. Ed

We are committed to the Tuckahoe train run tomorrow that leaves at 10:00am. Ed

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #346 on: Nov 8th, 2009, 10:26am »

We got two sticks down on ties but ran out of time so next Saturday we will be spiking the two sticks down and maybe get the third stick down. We did drag enough ties up for all three sticks but only four pieces of rail. Beginning to look like a railroad. We tried to level the track so we wound up about two-three inches higher than the track the N5c is on. We will have to roll that back and raise the track so we can install joiner bars. It has settled into the dirt over the years. I didn't have a camera but maybe next week.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #347 on: Nov 9th, 2009, 6:44pm »

on Nov 8th, 2009, 10:26am, Mr._Ed wrote:       (Click here for original message)
We got two sticks down on ties but ran out of time so next Saturday we will be spiking the two sticks down and maybe get the third stick down. We did drag enough ties up for all three sticks but only four pieces of rail. Beginning to look like a railroad. We tried to level the track so we wound up about two-three inches higher than the track the N5c is on. We will have to roll that back and raise the track so we can install joiner bars. It has settled into the dirt over the years. I didn't have a camera but maybe next week.

Later!
Mr. Ed

From what you tell us you made some in-roads. Would it be too far fetched to say that one day the tracks would run a decent trip around the area?

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #348 on: Nov 10th, 2009, 3:31pm »

One day! Just don't pin me down to which day!

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #349 on: Nov 15th, 2009, 10:11am »

We got the first stick in gauge and began by drilling a pilot hole to set the spikes. We did a few that way and then hit them with the jackhammer. It worked well. So we decided to drill and set the spikes in the platform rail before running the jackhammer. In the middle of drilling, the primary hose between the compressor and manifold blew. We can't get it fixed until Monday so we will probably need to work on Sunday since the train show is Saturday and the car should be moved the following week. We might need help. I'll post here if we do need to work on Sunday.  

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #350 on: Nov 19th, 2009, 9:58am »

We got the two sticks spiked and joined. We also moved the N5c back towards the NX23 then raised the ends of the stick and packed ballast under the ties to keep them up. Then we joined those rails together and pulled the N5c forward onto the new track jut to put some weight on them until the boxcar arrives. And the N5c rolls really well. Guess it thought it was back in service.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Andy_S
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #351 on: Nov 19th, 2009, 10:31am »

Were any of you guys working Monday afternoon?  I thought that I saw some fellows around the hack about 4:30.

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #352 on: Nov 20th, 2009, 9:27am »

Depend on what time in the afternoon. Karl stops by after work so you may have seen him.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Andy_S
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #353 on: Nov 20th, 2009, 11:21am »

4:30PM

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

Nov-09-1.jpg - 143603 Bytes
« Reply #354 on: Nov 21st, 2009, 4:55pm »

That was probably Karl.

Today I went to our train show and stopped by the station on my way home. I took some photos of the work we did this week. Here is the first.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (143603 bytes, 916x687 pixels)

Click Here to View Image Nov-09-1.jpg - 143603 Bytes

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

Nov-09-2.jpg - 120759 Bytes
« Reply #355 on: Nov 21st, 2009, 4:57pm »

And the second one.

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (120759 bytes, 916x687 pixels)

Click Here to View Image Nov-09-2.jpg - 120759 Bytes

Andy_S
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #356 on: Nov 22nd, 2009, 12:09pm »

Great work, gang; how is the ash pit doing?

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #357 on: Nov 23rd, 2009, 3:24pm »

We haven't done anything to it since we stopped digging when it got hot. It filled with water and there was a dead rat in there. Guess he couldn't swim after all! It was dry last weekend. And the rat is still in there.

We went up yesterday to remove the brake hardware off of the boxcar in preparation to move it, hopefully this week. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #358 on: Nov 28th, 2009, 10:21am »

Yesterday we cleaned out the front of the yard between us and Wawa by removing the fence that had fallen down and the next section back as well. We cleaned up the weeds with the lawn tractor and today they will pull the fence posts. Now there is enough room for the hauler to bring in the boxcar and move his forklift around. This should happen this week. I hope to have photos of it if I am available.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #359 on: Dec 1st, 2009, 2:31pm »

This Saturday and Sunday 12/5 & 12/6 is our annual hayride. Rides start at 10:00am and go until 3:00pm. So if anyone wants to come out and help, be there early.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »