Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Dec 15th, 2017, 9:11am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Pemberton Township Historic Trust
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
(Moderators: Two23, , CHESSIEMIKE)
   Pemberton Township Historic Trust
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...  24 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Pemberton Township Historic Trust  (Read 14057 times)
Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Pemberton Township Historic Trust

« Reply #160 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 1:00pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Way to go guys! We have contacted the state historic commsion but historic preservation is way down at the bottom of the budget. We did have a grant from them several years ago to buy the ground, but by the time the request got processed, Wawa had an option on the ground. It looks like the only way we are getting the ground is if Wawa gave it to us or the state used eminent domain in which case the ground would be turned over to the township. The previous republican administration did every thing they could to destroy us because of our president's previous '70s political history. When one of the council members ran for mayor, he had a cartoon showing trains and Mike wearing a bandits mask again mistating the amount of money spent on the museum, none of which came from the township taxpayers! And Mike wasn't even running for office. Shows you where this guys head was! No wonder he lost!  

Later!

Happy New Year!

Mr. Ed

MachinistBoy46
Railfan

« Reply #161 on: Feb 25th, 2007, 8:32pm »

Mr. Ed-

Its almost March.....one month closer to spring track laying!!!  haha  Whats been going on out there lately?   -Chris

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #162 on: Feb 26th, 2007, 10:16am »

Funny you should mention track laying. Back in April when we laid down the sections on the siding, it turns out I tore up my shoulder which resulted in surgery in November. Guess who won't be swinging a spike hammer anymore? The weather hasn't been cooperative either. And since I lost my job and my company car in January, I have only been up there for the meetings. But since spring is right around the corner I figure we will begin another season of work. We are still in need of usable ties before we can lay any rail. And the plan is still to lay the permanent rail in front of the station and proceed down the trail as far as we can including the switch for the siding. Once we get that down, we will have to shuffle the equipment around to get the diesel at the back end of the siding instead of at the head of the siding. That should be fun!

I'll keep you posted here as it happens.

Later!
Mr. Ed

MachinistBoy46
Railfan

« Reply #163 on: Feb 28th, 2007, 9:15pm »

Mr. Ed-

Sounds good. Two things I also want to look into on your behalf...... one being a donation of ballast-- Over the last few years Stavola Sand and Gravel has been very generous to Pine Creek with donations of stone, usually 50 tons at a clip. Granted its smaller stone, like 1 inch or 3/4 inch stone (probably stuff they have in mass abundance) but if its free.......still makes good ballast though, easy to work with.
       The other is a backhoe for doing grading work for the tracks-to-be.  I work for NJ American Water Company, on the road crew.  Although all of Pemberton isnt American Water territory, we do have a small area in Pemberton that we cover. Our backhoe operator (who is also our Union vice-president) wants to look into the possibilty of using our machine on occasion for your benefit if you would like.  Not sure how much grading work needs to be done, but if there is grading to be done hopefully we can help out.  Nothing set in stone of course, but definitley stuff I`ll try to gather more info about. Let me know what you think.   Take care      -Chris

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #164 on: Feb 28th, 2007, 10:25pm »

on Feb 26th, 2007, 10:16am, Mr._Ed wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Funny you should mention track laying. Back in April when we laid down the sections on the siding, it turns out I tore up my shoulder which resulted in surgery in November. Guess who won't be swinging a spike hammer anymore? The weather hasn't been cooperative either. And since I lost my job and my company car in January, I have only been up there for the meetings. But since spring is right around the corner I figure we will begin another season of work. We are still in need of usable ties before we can lay any rail. And the plan is still to lay the permanent rail in front of the station and proceed down the trail as far as we can including the switch for the siding. Once we get that down, we will have to shuffle the equipment around to get the diesel at the back end of the siding instead of at the head of the siding. That should be fun!

I'll keep you posted here as it happens.

Later!
Mr. Ed
Sorry to hear about that problem you encoured.  That has got to be painful.
I guess that Green Cab Elite maybe swinging the old hammer with Karl.
I have not read anything more on the WAWA situation since your last report.  However, I wouldn't been all that surprised if they are clear on schedule for their umpteenth WAWA.

Railroads are a weakness we all share..
Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #165 on: Mar 1st, 2007, 10:49am »

Chris:
Heck yes we would appreciate any material and/or labor that could come our way.

And as far as Wawa goes. We are not out of options yet. I have sent them an e-mail asking that if they really do mean to be a good neighbor as they say on their web site, they should donate the ground to the Trust and stay where they are and put thier super Wawa there. If you go to their site and click on customer service, you will find a contact us page where you can send them a message. If enough people do this maybe they will get the message. I also reminded them that a donation of such magnatude would be a really nice tax write-off for them.

My participation at the museum has dropped off severly since I was let go from my job at the beginning of January. I am using my in-laws extra car but I do not want to put a lot of miles on it so I stay home and surf the web looking for a decent job.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #166 on: Mar 2nd, 2007, 9:40am »

I see no reason why people shouldn't send mother WAWA some creative e-mails.  
    Some might say it's a waste of time but if nobody tries how will you know for sure.  
     I say nothing ventured/ nothing gained.

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #167 on: Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:21am »

I agree. The more the merrier!

Later!
Mr. Ed  

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #168 on: Mar 17th, 2007, 5:09pm »

Yo Ed,
    When does the new township council get sworn in in Pemberton?
Remember that comment I made about eminent domain?   Not for nothing, but if these new members are railroad friendly, maybe some eminent domain proceedings against WAWA property may begin?
    Also, have you any updates on the other WAWA write in campaign?
          ...........Eddie

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #169 on: Mar 18th, 2007, 1:58pm »

The new council has been sworn in but they are in no way leaning toward making Wawa mad. They still see this as a chance to increase ratables in the township. The chances of anything changing is very slim to none!

Later!
Mr. Ed

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #170 on: Mar 20th, 2007, 5:03pm »

Typical Jersey politicians.  Greedy, stupid and corrupt.
How's things faring on your end Ed?

Andy_S
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #171 on: Mar 20th, 2007, 8:53pm »

Ah, me.  The Gloom & Doom is back on track.  Aren't we being a little judgmental about newly elected officials in a township where you don't live?  
I don't want to sound critical of you all, we're on the same side, but let's give these folks a chance.
Peace.

green_elite_cab
Historian

« Reply #172 on: Mar 20th, 2007, 9:21pm »

its kinda tough, considering every morning you turn the radio on and hear about all the corruption in the state.  the state is a mess.  I live in the next town over from pemberton.  

while you are right, we shouldn't judge, we really don't expect better at this point either.

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #173 on: Mar 21st, 2007, 9:16am »

Eddie;
I am still looking for work in my chosen field but it is getting frustrating since it is such a small field. My former employer has paid for counseling at one of those companies that wants you to change professions, but at my age I cannot make do with an entry level position. And since I am using the in-laws extra car, I do not want nor can I afford to drive it a lot so my trips to the museum are for meetings only. And I have visited every one of those internet sites like monster, and careers, career builder, and a few specifically for the refrigeration industry. I filled out all the information about my field and what I want to do yet they still send me openings in retail and telemarketing positions. They just don't get it!  

Later!
Mr. Ed

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #174 on: Mar 21st, 2007, 11:30pm »

Andy  S.    That's just too bad you do not like my comments above.  Skip over them if they offend you.

Ed..have you talked with Karl on openings at his day time job?

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2007, 11:38pm by Eddie M. » Logged

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #175 on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 9:19am »

No, but I have spoken with others in that neck of the woods. Something will come up. There is always McDonalds!

Later!
Mr. Ed

90Fan
Historian

« Reply #176 on: Mar 24th, 2007, 2:01pm »

on Mar 20th, 2007, 9:21pm, green_elite_cab wrote:       (Click here for original message)
its kinda tough, considering every morning you turn the radio on and hear about all the corruption in the state.  the state is a mess.  I live in the next town over from pemberton.

Tell me about it. McGreevey was gay and Corzine is a complete moron who is not capable of running a state government. But it's not just NJ. No, Philly's even worse. And in DC? Congress and Bush are at a stalemate. Nothing's going to happen at all. Can't we get some decent politicians around here who can actually do something good?

Okay, back on topic now .

I'm ba-ack....for now, anyway.
green_elite_cab
Historian

« Reply #177 on: Apr 29th, 2007, 11:09am »

Hey guys!

My board of review for Life Scout  is on May 16, and because of the age limits in scouts, and me being pretty much on the line for all requirements (i turn 18 this december)  They have also given me the oppertunity to start planning and to start writing up my Eagle scout project for approval.

I know in the past i've mentioned possibly helping, and now is the time i can begin all the processes and such to come down and help.  

If anyone could give me a number to call so i can start setting things up, I'd much appreciate this!

I need to find things out like a specific job that the kids in my scout troop can perform, such as helping restore something, laying tracks, raise money, as well as safety issues involved, and any extra materials i'll need to bring to accomplish the task, all that good stuff.

my email is GreenElite_499@hotmail.com, so don't hesitate to email me with any questions

I hope to be in contact with you guys soon!

Thanks,  
Chris

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #178 on: Apr 29th, 2007, 11:27am »

Chris give the station a call at 609-894-0546 on Wednesdays, Fridays or on the weekend and leave your information for Mike Tamn, the president. We are experiencing some difficulties getting station volunteers on the weekend so call before noon if you can. Since I lost my job I can no longer afford to go up as much as I used to so I cannot coordinate anything with you.

Later!
Mr. Ed

green_elite_cab
Historian

« Reply #179 on: May 3rd, 2007, 5:47pm »

yeah i called them yesterday when i got home from school, but i only got the machine.  hopefully i'll get called back.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...  24 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »