Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 17th, 2017, 4:06am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Pemberton Township Historic Trust
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
(Moderators: Two23, , CHESSIEMIKE)
   Pemberton Township Historic Trust
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...  24 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Pemberton Township Historic Trust  (Read 14041 times)
Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Pemberton Township Historic Trust
  CNJ-Oct_06.jpg - 58630 Bytes
« Reply #100 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 2:35pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

And our CNJ caboose that resided in Kirby's Mill for many years.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/CNJ-Oct_06.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

Hopper-Oct_06.jpg - 40043 Bytes
« Reply #101 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 2:37pm »

The (supposedly) rare tapered top hopper from Roebling steel. Lots of surface rust. This puppy will take a ton of elbow grease to get back into shape.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/Hopper-Oct_06.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

Gon-Oct_06.jpg - 38199 Bytes
« Reply #102 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 2:39pm »

An equally rusty gondola also from Roebling.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/Gon-Oct_06.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

NX23-Oct_06.jpg - 75291 Bytes
« Reply #103 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 2:41pm »

An NX23 awaiting it's turn in the restoration rotation. This is the good side!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/NX23-Oct_06.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

N6B-Oct_06.jpg - 69363 Bytes
« Reply #104 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 2:43pm »

Last but not least, our N6B chassis all blasted, primed and painted, ready for restoration.

Later!
Mr. Ed  

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/N6B-Oct_06.jpg
Click Image to Resize

90Fan
Historian

« Reply #105 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 5:37pm »

Looks like you guys have made some progress! Great to see !

I'm ba-ack....for now, anyway.
green_elite_cab
Historian

« Reply #106 on: Oct 6th, 2006, 7:05pm »

good to see this moving along!

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #107 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 10:05am »

Thanks all. If the side windows go in the N5C without too much trouble, I am going to see how much trouble it will be to fabricate the front cupole windows. We did finally find copies of the original drawings. Wouldn't it  be nice to have the car weather tight? Imagine having someplace to work inside during the winter!  

Later!
Mr. Ed  

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #108 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 1:27pm »

All that good news Ed is exciting to read and see.  Who did you have to talk to on the Roebling rolling stock?  (buying and transportation) The same question for the CNj caboose in Kirby's Mill.
    I had no idea for the life of me that there was a caboose over there.

Railroads are a weakness we all share..
MachinistBoy46
Railfan

« Reply #109 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 11:48pm »

Mr. Ed-

Great to see the progress. The caboose looks beautiful. As far as the Tidewater tank, if only there were 9 days in a week at this point and I`d be scraping and sanding like mad. Right now I`ve been working 6-7 days a week. Oh the fun   I actually stopped out at Pemberton with a few friends several weeks ago on a Sunday around 5pm, but no one was there.  Do you happen to know the # of the CNJ hack? It looks just like the 91155 at Pine Creek.  Take care.    -Chris

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #110 on: Oct 9th, 2006, 4:45pm »

Eddie M.
I think all of the discussions with Roebling were done with the EPA since they are in charge of the site. I have no idea who they spoke with at the mill.

Machinist Boy 46.
I wish there were 9 days in the week too. Heck, I'd settle for a three day weekend every so often. There are no numbers on the caboose that we can see. But maybe when we start to restore it something might be found.

I got to talking with a new railfan Sunday (rained out Saturday) that has just moved to the area and he said he wants to help out restoring the cars. After that I just had time to build the wooden frame for the side cupola window. I mis-measured so the side pieces were 3/16" too wide so I had to plane them down to fit. Got the frame done and had to leave so I could get home in time for kickoff. Should get that frame and window in this weekend and maybe even get the other frame built. If the new guy shows up, we should also be able to get the end painted.

Later!
Mr. Ed  

Eddie M.
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #111 on: Oct 11th, 2006, 5:50pm »

Ed,
     I spoke with Karl today on all the work.   Karl seems to be very excited on everything.  He even has a picture of his "baby" the GE switcher on his cell phone.
     I asked Karl what he thought on getting that crane car out of Roebling.
He wants that thing really bad.    I hope you guys can get that too.
     Keep the updates man.

Railroads are a weakness we all share..
Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #112 on: Oct 12th, 2006, 1:21pm »

I too would like to get the crane but the freight to move it is what is holding us back. Anybody got a bucket full of money they aren't doing anything with?

Later!
Mr. Ed  

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #113 on: Oct 14th, 2006, 9:30pm »

Got really ambitious today and put both side cupola windows in. I actually built the first frame last week but since I had my own tools this week, the work went a lot faster. But I forgot to take my camera so you will have to wait until next week when I go up to paint them. The pictures will look better when they are done anyway.

Later!
Mr. Ed  

Andy_S
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #114 on: Oct 15th, 2006, 11:31am »

OK, Mr Ed and Eddie M.  

I really do not do much during the day and would like to lend a hand in restoration. so let me know what I can do.

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #115 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 11:31am »

Excellent Andy! I have passed your information along to the president Mike to contact you since he lives a lot closer than me. I am an hour away and only get up there one day on the weekend. Thanks.

Later!
Mr. Ed  

green_elite_cab
Historian

« Reply #116 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 4:31pm »

Yeah speaking about assisting in restoration, a while back i mentioned a possible eagle scout project to help you guys out.  This wednesday i'll be going to a board of review, and it all works out right i'll be a Star Scout, and 6 months from then in march ( which also looks promising)  I should move up the Life Scout, which is the last one between eagle, and thats the time when I need to do my Eagle Project.  I assume when the summer roles around and there is no school, i could try and get the troop to come out and help clean some stuff up.

My only concern would be that  i'm not quite sure what kind of work it is invvolved, and if younger boys, or even us older guys would be able to help, or would it be something you'd need alittle more expertise or skill in doing.  I'm just asking now, even though March is a good while away from now.  March is when i'll be seriously looking for projects to do.  

I'd volunteer now on my own if i didn't have school and such.  I already work rebuilding parts on Marine diesel engines on weekends, and during the week i often have to alot of school work.  I might stick around in the summer for alittle if its not a big problem.

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #117 on: Oct 17th, 2006, 7:30pm »

I remember your post and I mentioned it to the boss. Right before he got married and moved, and moved again. He moved a lot! But he has settled down now with just the usual home remodeling projects keeping him occupied.

As far as what can be done, well there is this 1926 Tidewater tank car that is just itching to have a new coat of paint put on her. This and most of the restorations are just a matter of sanding off old paint and rust, putting a coat or two of primer and then the final coat or two of paint.

Then there is the diesel that too needs to be painted. The N5C got the side cupola windows last weekend and if we can secure the front and back windows, maybe we can get that weathertight so during the winter we can clean the inside and paint that. A lot of painting to be done.

Let me speak with Mike this weekend and get his thoughts.

Later!
Mr. Ed  

green_elite_cab
Historian

« Reply #118 on: Oct 17th, 2006, 7:49pm »

Keep in mind thoiugh i can only do this starting March at the earliest. I also need to get it approved by a commitee. I don't see why it wouldn't happen, but just making sure you know.

Mr._Ed
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #119 on: Nov 14th, 2006, 2:27pm »

Wawa has another zoning hearing tomorrow night at the Pemberton Township municipal building at 7:00 PM. It will be interesting to see how this turns out since the people that really wanted them in the township lost their bids for election last week.  

Later!
Mr. Ed  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...  24 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »