Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 16th, 2017, 6:11pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
(Moderators: Two23, , CHESSIEMIKE)
   Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania  (Read 7501 times)
Strasburg31
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania

« Reply #260 on: Nov 6th, 2011, 2:42pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Ok,  what's going on at the R.R. Museum of PA?  My wife and I were driving by today (sadly did not have time to stop), and almost all of the locomotives that had been sitting on the the tracks surrounding the turntable have been moved.  The BEDT 0-6-0 #13 along wth the Old Rivets GG-1 were sitting on the long track that parallels route 741.  Sitting in front of them is the Conrail GP30, which until now has been inside the Museum.  Then, on one of the newer tracks near the front door is Nickel Plate 757.  A quick look around the corner revealed almost all of the spur tracks to be empty.   Is the long anticipated roundhouse construction about to start?

Write to Old Tucson Movie Studios and ask them to donate the V&T Reno, #11 to a museum.
www.oldtucson.com
Anthony NNRY
Former Member

« Reply #261 on: Nov 7th, 2011, 8:09am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

That would be nice, construction starting.

For starters though the Conrail unit just came back from down south were it participated in a NS ceremony. No doubt that required a lot of moves in there yard. Good question about everything else though. I am sure that is why big blue is outside though.

Anthony

enzio
Railfan

« Reply #262 on: May 25th, 2012, 5:21pm »

The NS-PRR Heritage Unit along with other equipment is scheduled to attend NS Days next weekend @ the Museum.  Does anyone know the exact date & time of said arrival?  I'd like to video it coming down The Strasburg Line from Paradise to the museum.  The museum itself could offer no answer, stating railfans would know before they would & I received no reply at all from NS directly.

Stephen R. Gargiulo
hev
TRAINing

« Reply #263 on: May 27th, 2012, 5:51pm »

I would think Strasburg Railroad would know. I'm thinkin' maybe the local out of Lancaster will bring the PRR 8102 out Thrusday night to Leaman Place and then Strasburg will take to the PRR Muesum friday morning maybe.........just a guess...........

ClearBoard
Railfan

« Reply #264 on: Jul 11th, 2014, 7:37am »

A posting on Railway Preservation News reports the State is looking for a new Director - again.

Any details?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »