Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Aug 20th, 2017, 2:15am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

B&O RR Museum
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
(Moderators: Two23, , CHESSIEMIKE)
   B&O RR Museum
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...  27 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: B&O RR Museum  (Read 13846 times)
njvike
Historian
Re: B&O RR Museum
  moreco.jpg - 47657 Bytes
« Reply #120 on: May 15th, 2005, 8:59pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

More C&O

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/moreco.jpg
Click Image to Resize

njvike
Historian
  wm236.jpg - 47689 Bytes
« Reply #121 on: May 15th, 2005, 9:00pm »

WM #236

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/wm236.jpg
Click Image to Resize

njvike
Historian
  heavy.jpg - 38376 Bytes
« Reply #122 on: May 15th, 2005, 9:02pm »

Some more odds & ends

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/heavy.jpg
Click Image to Resize

njvike
Historian
  car.jpg - 37768 Bytes
« Reply #123 on: May 15th, 2005, 9:04pm »

Some other nice equipm
ent

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/car.jpg
Click Image to Resize

njvike
Historian
  steam-2.jpg - 43749 Bytes
« Reply #124 on: May 15th, 2005, 9:05pm »

There is so many engines here  

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/steam-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

njvike
Historian
  house.jpg - 58902 Bytes
« Reply #125 on: May 15th, 2005, 9:06pm »

The drive was definetly worth it.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/AllTourist/house.jpg
Click Image to Resize

BC_and_A_railway

View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #126 on: May 15th, 2005, 9:21pm »

Nice pics!!!!!!!! Howd i miss that RS3   lol I think you took pics of almost everything there!

Regards,
Dayton Blair
| Flickr. |
njvike
Historian

« Reply #127 on: May 16th, 2005, 5:27am »

on May 15th, 2005, 9:21pm, BC_and_A_railway wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Nice pics!!!!!!!! Howd i miss that RS3   lol I think you took pics of almost everything there!

I think I did take a picture of everything there What a nice museum.

I have picture of the Danbury museum (New Haven) to post. I went there yesterday. They even let you ride on the turntable.

JasonU
Former Member

« Reply #128 on: May 21st, 2005, 9:27pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

The HH12-44 is an Ex B&O unit. that's what the BOMX is. B&O musuem equipment. It looks like they repainted the 236. she was in the fireball scheme.  

WM734 Fan
Former Member

« Reply #129 on: Jun 10th, 2005, 4:48pm »

Does the B&O RR Museum have an opperating steamer  I'm planning to go over the 4th of July weekend.  They had one before, didn't they

BC_and_A_railway

View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #130 on: Jun 11th, 2005, 10:39am »

i belive they have two a 0-4-0 tanker and the 4-4-0 general...i have no clue when they run them though.

Regards,
Dayton Blair
| Flickr. |
WM734Fan
Former Member

« Reply #131 on: Jun 12th, 2005, 9:41am »

I thought about the 0-4-0 but I wasn't sure.  The 4-4-0 I had no idea.  Anyone got any pics or knows when it runs

BC_and_A_railway

View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #132 on: Jun 12th, 2005, 10:32am »

the 4-4-0 was used in one of the wild west movies (i forgot the name  ) i think it had Will Smith in it... I dont have any pics tho maybe of the 4-4-0 ill have to look through my pics which are on my other pc,I think it was in the roundhouse our last vist.All there engines run on the line the muesum has really small line sadly only about a mile    .as for when the run id call the muesum to ask,I know they normally run diesel on there excursions and when there done with there new shop the excersions will be dropping people off at the shop for tours!

Regards,
Dayton Blair
| Flickr. |
WM734Fan
Former Member

« Reply #133 on: Jun 12th, 2005, 10:49am »

I think that movie was the Wild Wild West and I think it was filmed in Strasburg  Is the mile-long excursion the only track they have or is there more track that they just can't go on?

BC_and_A_railway

View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #134 on: Jun 12th, 2005, 2:21pm »

yeah thats the one!
i think they only have the mile they have a CSX interchange connected tho theres quite a few sidings with old stuff on them such as hoppers boxcars etc theres also a old F unit out there (lol) im auctally not really sure if they have more than a mile as they only used 1 out of 2 coaches for our ride and was hard to look ahead...they have quite a collection restored and unrestored.the guy on the train said it was the 1st mile of B&O track they ran on. i think a mile is to short though..

Regards,
Dayton Blair
| Flickr. |
WM734Fan
Former Member

« Reply #135 on: Jun 12th, 2005, 3:18pm »

Yeah a train ride is not too fun if its short  One way a ride has to be AT LEAST 15 minutes for a desent trip that acctually goes someplace.  If the B&O had tracks that at least went 4-5 miles it would be my favorite place.  They got the museum and the equipment, its just the equipment does'nt operate or go anyplace.

BC_and_A_railway

View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #136 on: Jun 12th, 2005, 7:42pm »

on Jun 12th, 2005, 3:18pm, WM734Fan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Yeah a train ride is not too fun if its short  One way a ride has to be AT LEAST 15 minutes for a desent trip that acctually goes someplace.  If the B&O had tracks that at least went 4-5 miles it would be my favorite place.  They got the museum and the equipment, its just the equipment does'nt operate or go anyplace.  

yea the ride should be longer lol to short...it would be nice if they could add on but im sure restoring there damaged things is higher on there list than adding some track   would be nice tho lol

Regards,
Dayton Blair
| Flickr. |
CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #137 on: Jun 13th, 2005, 6:59am »

on Jun 12th, 2005, 10:49am, WM734Fan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I think that movie was the Wild Wild West and I think it was filmed in Strasburg  Is the mile-long excursion the only track they have or is there more track that they just can't go on?
Strasburg did do work on the engine to make it operational for the movie, but I don't think any filming was done on their property.  The 0-4-0T ("Little Lizzie" #4 from St. Elizabeth Hospital) got some damage when the roof caved in.  I think it was mostly contained to the cab area, and it is not running right now.  You can call or check their web site for steam operations.
http://www.borail.org/

CHESSIEMIKE

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
WM734Fan
Former Member

« Reply #138 on: Jun 13th, 2005, 10:24am »

The web site doesn't say a thing but I'll have to call.   Don't think I'll see any steam ops but its worth a phonecall.   Thanks

Southern Green
Historian

« Reply #139 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 10:30pm »

Hi all-  

During my last visit, (January) the excursions were run over a few miles of track using 3 MARC coaches. Power was provided by SW1200 No. 1200, marked simply "BORRMX", and painted in a sharp looking red and white.

Though not long, the train ride is a neat one, partly because you pass many interesting things, such as the site of the museums new restoration facility, and museum equipment including an E8, and party because it is some of the first railroad ever built in the U.S.A.

Also, it wouldn't really be possible to add onto the ride, because they operate already up as far as they can go.
                                                                Cy

« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2005, 10:33pm by Southern Green » Logged

Go Braves!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...  27 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »