Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 26th, 2018, 12:59pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Bangun Karta train
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Varnish
   Passenger Trains
(Moderator: coaster)
   Bangun Karta train
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Bangun Karta train  (Read 61 times)
Ronal_Fadillah_IRF
Chaser
View Profile  

Bangun Karta train

« on: Apr 9th, 2018, 9:18pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Early launches with a Tebuireng name, economy non AC class and Jombang station as terminus station, is Bangun Karta train, a LDT from Area Operation 8 Surabaya, it's a upgrading rank categorized train, because in 1985 as economy train, 1994 as economy+business train, 1999 as executive train, 2001 as executive+business train and in 2009 as executive train again. Bangun Karta are wildlife executive train(the train name takenfrom mythological animal, Javanese puppet figure or acronym of destination name). One ofthem Bangun Karta, Bangun Karta stands from jomBANG madiUN jaKARTA in formely, in now suraBAya NGanjuk madiUN jaKARTA. The trainset arrangment're CC206 DE locomotive series+power station coach+8 executive coach+eating coach+baggage coach(together with Sritanjung train(cargo liveries) and Gumarang train(two pairs of middle doors)). Bangun Karta're serve Surabaya Gubeng-Gambir trought Semarang Tawang

This a transit station
1. Mojokerto
2. Jombang
3. Kertosono
4. Nganjuk
5. Caruban
6. Madiun
7. Paron
8. Solo Jebres
9. Semarang Tawang
10. Pekalongan
11. Pemalang
12. Tegal
13. Cirebon Kejaksan
14. Jatinegara
Everyday, Bangun Karta use trainset from Sidotopo rolling stock depots.

Any openvoice or question?

« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2018, 9:19pm by Ronal_Fadillah_IRF » Logged
George_Harris
Historian
Re: Bangun Karta train

« Reply #1 on: Apr 10th, 2018, 12:18am »

Maybe I will do something to smooth out his English later, but not now.

A couple of comments:  Note the coupler, which is fuzzy in the picture. It is an AAR style coupler. (for Ronal's benefit:  AAR is Association of American Railroads)  This is now the standard of most of the world.  Except for the special types used in passenger train sets, the old "hook and screw" remains the standard in Western Europe, maybe all of it.  Russia has their own system which appears to be an AAR knock off.  Similar but not identical.  India and Pakistan and Bangladesh may be also still be using a hook and screw type.  If the rails look close together, it is because they are.  Indonesia track gauge is 1067 mm, that is 3'-6".  The extreme rounding of the top corners of the cab of the locomotive is due to tight clearances.  

(I used to say to some of the European guys I worked with in the past:  Why don't you eliminate that 19th century style coupling and join the rest of the world in coupling system before you lose the chance to join the 20th century before it is gone.)

Ronal_Fadillah_IRF
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10th, 2018, 1:40am »

on Apr 10th, 2018, 12:18am, George_Harris wrote:       (Click here for original message)

A couple of comments:  Note the coupler, which is fuzzy in the picture. It is an AAR style coupler. (for Ronal's benefit:  AAR is Association of American Railroads)  This is now the standard of most of the world.  Except for the special types used in passenger train sets, the old "hook and screw" remains the standard in Western Europe, maybe all of it.  Russia has their own system which appears to be an AAR knock off.  Similar but not identical.  India and Pakistan and Bangladesh may be also still be using a hook and screw type.  If the rails look close together, it is because they are.  Indonesia track gauge is 1067 mm, that is 3'-6".  The extreme rounding of the top corners of the cab of the locomotive is due to tight clearances.  

(I used to say to some of the European guys I worked with in the past:  Why don't you eliminate that 19th century style coupling and join the rest of the world in coupling system before you lose the chance to join the 20th century before it is gone.)

Most sorry, because My camera're 2MP only

George_Harris
Historian

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10th, 2018, 11:03pm »

on Apr 10th, 2018, 1:40am, Ronal_Fadillah_IRF wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Most sorry, because My camera're 2MP only

Not a problem.  Picture was clear enough to see what I was talking about when people knew what to look for.  Slightly fuzzy pictures are better than no pictures.

George_Harris
Historian

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10th, 2018, 11:07pm »

For a railroad map of Java:

http://flights.indonesiamatters.com/files/2011/10/2000px-Java_Transportation_Network.svg_.png

Ronal_Fadillah_IRF
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12th, 2018, 3:32am »

on Apr 10th, 2018, 12:18am, George_Harris wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Are you know Mr George_Harris, what's a yellow box equipment besides a Bangun Karta train?

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »